ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy theory

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
The reason why Michigan was so dominant against Ohio State last year was due to the fact that they knew what plays Ohio State was going to run beforehand. Then Michigan goes on to play TCU. They don't have any of TCU'S play signals because they don't ever expect to play them, and they get exposed because they don't know how to stop them.

There was some argument on a sports radio show this morning that it should be forgotten about because its a dumb rule and everyone does it.
It may be a dumb rule, but if everyone has agreed not to do it under NCAA guidelines then its still a punishable offense. Those who partake are cheating and having an advantage. Now, if its no holds barred that's a different story. As for everyone doing it, I would have no idea.
This same argument spelled over in Cam Newton and why his well publicized pay scheme was not harshly criticized by others in the conference. Seems the SEC just didn't want to dredge up something nearly everyone else in the conference was doing. You can almost see a bit of deflation now in the SEC since it was established everyone can now pay players.

The reason why Michigan was so dominant against Ohio State last year was due to the fact that they knew what plays Ohio State was going to run beforehand. Then Michigan goes on to play TCU. They don't have any of TCU'S play signals because they don't ever expect to play them, and they get exposed because they don't know how to stop them.
was thinking the exact same thing. who would think to scout a middle of the road Big 12 team with a brand new coach and confusion at starting QB.

maybe the same for Illinois? Weirdly close game last year

Reactions: dinglefritz
There was some argument on a sports radio show this morning that it should be forgotten about because its a dumb rule and everyone does it.
It may be a dumb rule, but if everyone has agreed not to do it under NCAA guidelines then its still a punishable offense. Those who partake are cheating and having an advantage. Now, if its no holds barred that's a different story. As for everyone doing it, I would have no idea.
This same argument spelled over in Cam Newton and why his well publicized pay scheme was not harshly criticized by others in the conference. Seems the SEC just didn't want to dredge up something nearly everyone else in the conference was doing. You can almost see a bit of deflation now in the SEC since it was established everyone can now pay players.
The more I read about it the worse it sounds, and I really doubt everyone does it. Maybe. I don't really care what happens to Michigan but I hope it results in the NCAA allowing QB helmet communications to do away with the idiotic signaling. If Michigan gets punished that would simply be a bonus.

There must be some elaborate, complicated explanation. Because surely mighty Michigan couldn't have lost to a crappy Big 12 team because they turned the ball over, made idiotic play calls in the red zone and couldn't cover TCU's receivers.

There must be some elaborate, complicated explanation. Because surely mighty Michigan couldn't have lost to a crappy Big 12 team because they turned the ball over, made idiotic play calls in the red zone and couldn't cover TCU's receivers.
I think TCU just showed everyone what Michigan looked like when they had to play on an even footing. hell, Scott Frost almost beat them.

going to be hilarious if they have to vacate all those wins and they're back to thousands of days since their last win against tOSU

important to remember that if a team vacates wins their opponents retain the losses - we wouldn’t be able to count it toward bowl eligibility.

Reactions: Laner2
Well, we all know one thing... the NCAA won't be ruling on this for like 3-4 years, if ever. There will be no quick and satisfying resolution here. Whichever side you're on.
I disagree... It seems like they're taking an interest in this at a level that hasn't been seen in a long time (my whole lifetime?).

Literally an entire conference of elbow rubbing conference homer coaches have banded together against Meatchicken because of how detrimental to the integrity of the game this is proving to be rather quickly.

Reactions: huntered and Laner2
I really doubt anything comes of this, maybe a small slap on the wrist.
Anything less than death penalty type of consequence that SMU had to suffer would be a failure of justice in every sense of the word.

Might as well stop watching college football if they're not punished hard as they should be.

I disagree... It seems like they're taking an interest in this at a level that hasn't been seen in a long time (my whole lifetime?).

Literally an entire conference of elbow rubbing conference homer coaches have banded together against Meatchicken because of how detrimental to the integrity of the game this is proving to be rather quickly.
Maybe. The NCAA is still "investigating" Michigan's recruiting cheating during 2020. The fact that the NCAA is basically one blink from being disbanded by the real power brokers (i.e. schools like Michigan) is definitely in play here.

Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward with Michigan… if all of a sudden they start having closer games and don’t look so refined (as in, not in position mearly as often), that will be telling.

They couldn't cover TCU's receivers because they didn't know what plays TCU was going to run. They had no problems covering Ohio State's receivers and Ohio State had just as good if not better receivers.

Maybe. The NCAA is still "investigating" Michigan's recruiting cheating during 2020. The fact that the NCAA is basically one blink from being disbanded by the real power brokers (i.e. schools like Michigan) is definitely in play here.
Harbaugh also told the ncaa to kick rocks earlier this year over that stuff with the self-imposed 3 game suspension so there could be a tinge of vengeance in the air

They couldn't cover TCU's receivers because they didn't know what plays TCU was going to run. They had no problems covering Ohio State's receivers and Ohio State had just as good if not better receivers.
Anyone that has played football from junior high on up has to stop and think - holy shit, what would it be like to be playing defense and to know what the plays are?? I'm guessing it wasn't detailed, but even to know run vs pass would be huge.

Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward with Michigan… if all of a sudden they start having closer games and don’t look so refined (as in, not in position mearly as often), that will be telling.
Yeah like do they stop now since they've been noticed, and make it more obvious? Or do they double down so as to not seen obvious?

Lol what a screwy position for that coaching staff to have put their program in 🤣

Reactions: Laner2 and timnsun
Yeah like do they stop now since they've been noticed, and make it more obvious? Or do they double down so as to not seen obvious?

Lol what a screwy position for that coaching staff to have put their program in 🤣
the guy who they claim is responsible has already been suspended (patsy)

now they will push the lone gunman narrative as hard as they possibly can

coverup 101

Or maybe Ohio State just took a great big dump against Michigan last year.

Maybe Michigan is cheating and if they are, I hope they get punished accordingly. But most of their wins over the past several years - the 2022 OSU game being the notable exception - have come at the expense of a lot of very bad-to-mediocre teams.

On some show ON3? they said there was video of someone on the Michigan sidelines (?the guy who they know had tickets to the all MU’s opponents prior games) reading signals and talking to the guy calling Michigans defensive signals. So that’s an advantage. Rhule said in his Pc that’s why they should have the helmets that allow plays to be called without signals

Wouldn't label it as a conspiracy theory. I think you're right

Or maybe Ohio State just took a great big dump against Michigan last year.

Maybe Michigan is cheating and if they are, I hope they get punished accordingly. But most of their wins over the past several years - the 2022 OSU game being the notable exception - have come at the expense of a lot of very bad-to-mediocre teams.
Yep 22 Ohio State in the shoe is the only real surprise victory. 21 Ohio State wasn't as good(we played them tough at 3-9) and there other victories are ones that aren't earth shattering with their talent level

There’s an AP photo from the TCU game that shows the staff member with a laminated sheet with TCUs signs on them, but yes by all accounts and what keeps coming out is that they definitely had loads of info and went to games to film the sidelines for schools both in and out of the BIG

The OSU/Georgia game followed by TCU getting murdered by Georgia, after beating Michigan, was certainly shocking. Especially, after watching Michigan beat OSU in the Shoe earlier in the year.
Think about how much money has changed hands at sports books on Michigan games over the past couple of years. Jimmie better get a better security system.

Think about how much money has changed hands at sports books on Michigan games over the past couple of years. Jimmie better get a better security system.
we all won so much on TCU +8 in the playoffs, though

like, so so much

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT