ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Riley and the Team Today

elvis1403

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2004
Defensive line looked amazing. Penalties were good. Tackling was best I have seen since suh days.

Keep that big red train rolling Riley!!!

Congratulations!!

12208791_1627529240840792_3374548346979883284_n.jpg

I thought that was the best game plan Langsdorf has called all year. Despite some mealy mouthed bellyaching about calling pass plays near the end of the half, he was trying to stick a fork in Rutgers. The playcalling was there, Tommy just decided that was the time he was going to completely lose his focus. He missed wide open receivers, or didn't look before he threw. That's not on the OC.

Reactions: elvis1403
I agree I was also impressed we committed to the run when we needed to. Albeit it was Rutgers but they have the capability to win especially in second half.

I agree I was also impressed we committed to the run when we needed to. Albeit it was Rutgers but they have the capability to win especially in second half.
I said this earlier, but it's almost like that second interception against Michigan State forced something to click for Danny. We ran the ball more after that and we committed to the run today, despite the fact it wasn't all that effective. I mean, Cross only had 90 yards on 20 carries. It's been obvious, but underlined the last two weeks that we just don't have a game changing back this year. It's the first time that's been the case in over a decade. Cross was serviceable, Ozibo is good in spurts, but we don't have anyone who we cant absolutely count on for over 100 yards on 20 carries. To me at least, other than the Purdue and Illinois games, it explains Langsdorf's playcalling all season a lot more to me.

It wasn't the prettiest performance at times.
And then there were those drives that were like... WOW!
But I really liked how the game was managed,
when it was clear Armstrong was hurting.
Another win to keep building on.
Go Huskers!

Best performance by the D so far. I think Banker called his best game.
Probably helped a lot that Hank Hughes while DL at Connecticut, played Rutgers something like 12 times prior. Definitely had to be helpful for Banker's play calling.

Also noticed we blitzed much more. Wish we had done this in a few of our earlier games, but it is what it is.

When we blitzed in earlier games they never got to the QB leaving the team with fewer players to defend receivers. So it was a double bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT