ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Tournament Schedule Change

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Not seeing a post on this, slipped under my radar until I was looking up the conference tournament details this morning.

Format didn't change regarding number of teams or the single-game final. Rather they changed the schedule to extend by a day, starting on Tuesday instead to give more wiggle room for rain delays. They also got rid of the bracket crossover for semis, which I don't like. The crossover gives more variety in matchups. As it stands, the two brackets remain wholly separate until the single-game champtionship

I do like giving more time for the bullpens to recover for a few teams.

I'm curious if the two-game days (Wed and Fri) when the games will be separate "sessions" since first pitch is listed as 2pm and 7pm rather than 2pm and 6pm or 3pm and 7pm.

They didn't change the order of any games.

Friday-Sunday didn't change from prior years other than Friday start times.

TUESDAY
10am Gm1: 3v6
2pm Gm2: 2v7
6pm Gm3: 1v8

WEDNESDAY
2pm Gm4: 4v5
7pm Gm5: L1vL2

THURSDAY
10am Gm6: L3vL4
2pm Gm7: W1vW2
6pm Gm8: W3vW4

FRIDAY
2pm Gm9: W5vL7
7pm Gm10: W6vL8

SATURDAY
9am Gm11: W7vW9
1pm Gm12: W8vW10
5pm Gm13: W11vL12 if necessary
9pm Gm14: W12vL12 if necessary

SUNDAY
2pm Championship

Here's the bracket now with dates/times:

Yes I already have mine. Can’t recall if it was just sent as a pre sale for season ticket holders first. I got mine about a week ago so they should be open for all by now.
Interesting, I’m a season ticket holder as well and never got an email. Oh well. Should be plenty of seats.

The crossovers for the semis was a great idea. Why in the world would they change that? I wonder who proposed this change and how that argument was presented. What could be the rationale for eliminating the crossover?

The crossovers for the semis was a great idea. Why in the world would they change that? I wonder who proposed this change and how that argument was presented. What could be the rationale for eliminating the crossover?
Only thing I can think of is the possibility of 1 and 2 meeting in the semis instead of the championship game. That’s just speculating on my part as I don’t really know the answer.

Only thing I can think of is the possibility of 1 and 2 meeting in the semis instead of the championship game. That’s just speculating on my part as I don’t really know the answer.
You might be on to something, I'm going to think about that.
And, here, you're talking about the 1 and 2 seeds, right? B/c I got questions about that as well.

Not only does it help with rain delays but the last night game might not start till 10:00 pm, which doesn’t help attendance one bit..

Reactions: saluno22
You might be on to something, I'm going to think about that.
And, here, you're talking about the 1 and 2 seeds, right? B/c I got questions about that as well.
Yep, if things go the way of seeding the semis could have 1 vs 2 I believe which is a little odd. Although I honestly don’t think it has gone according to seedlings since they’ve gone to 8 teams.

Thanks for sharing this.

I like the extra day. And I like that Nebraska, as the 1 seed, gets to choose between starting on Tuesday or Wednesday. :)

I always hated the semifinals crossovers. I like the traditional, CWS-style setup because if you lose, you'll eventually have to beat the team you lost to, perhaps twice, to make the title game.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Hey there! It seems like there's been a change in the conference tournament schedule. Flexibility is key, right? While it might be disappointing for some, I'm sure the conference organisers have valid reasons for the change. Just goes to show that planning events can be a dynamic process. Stay positive, adapt, and make the most out of the updated schedule.

Last edited:
Hey there! It seems like there's been a change in the conference tournament schedule. Flexibility is key, right? While it might be disappointing for some, I'm sure the conference organisers have valid reasons for the change. Just goes to show that planning events can be a dynamic process. Stay positive, adapt, and make the most out of the updated schedule.

Timely and relevant comment 2 months after the tournament! Not at all spambotlike behavior!
"Organisers" ?

A British spam bot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT