ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Realignment

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I made a comment a little bit ago about, once Nebraska gets rolling they might have to realign again to create some competition in the West. If you could realign how would you set it so both side were pretty even? Or would you leave it as is?
I think you have to leave Neb, Iowa,and Wisc together just for rivalry sake. Maybe the same can be said for Michigan and Michigan St. Maybe it is as simple as throwing Penn st over in ours and Illinois or Purdue in the East.
****DISCLAIMER THIS IS STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL/ FOR FUN THREAT. IN NO WAY DO I BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO OR SHOULD HAPPEN . Sorry to those who took this as a serious conversation. I apologize

Last edited:
I made a comment a little bit ago about, once Nebraska gets rolling they might have to realign again to create some competition in the West. If you could realign how would you set it so both side were pretty even? Or would you leave it as is?
I think you have to leave Neb, Iowa,and Wisc together just for rivalry sake. Maybe the same can be said for Michigan and Michigan St. Maybe it is as simple as throwing Penn st over in ours and Illinois or Purdue in the East.
Penn St over here keep purdue (they might be the next iowa or better)

Reactions: husker2612
How about we get better before we start talking about how the B1G will have to realign because of how good we are. Two losing seasons in the past three years and two decades since our last title.

We need to learn to walk before we can run
Conversation topic and a change of pace. We have talked about the past to death. Time to look forward.

How about we get better before we start talking about how the B1G will have to realign because of how good we are. Two losing seasons in the past three years and two decades since our last title.

Its speculation. We have already Ran before so we know what to expect. Sure we are in rehab but once we are running the sensations wont be different than before. We can be optimistic for the future without forgetting the past, doesnt mean we have to dwell on it.

I think we need more scenarios! Its the off-season ffs.

How about we kick Maryland and Rutgers out and go back to more even divisions with a yearly crossover rivalry. Then Mich STate and mich don't have to be in the same division, etc.
Seriously, I cannot stand that maryland and rutgers are in the big ten. It's so freaking stupid. All the arguments for it are terrible and a grain of sand compared to the desert of absurdity it is that they are in the conference.
Delaney plain out-thought himself on that one and was letting himself get a little too vain in my opinion.
AS long as they are in the conference it will not work out well, it will always feel off. Football divisions, scheduling, and even basketball scheduling.
And that doesn't even include their terrible programs and awful fan bases.

Sorry, end rant.

How about we kick Maryland and Rutgers out and go back to more even divisions with a yearly crossover rivalry. Then Mich STate and mich don't have to be in the same division, etc.
Seriously, I cannot stand that maryland and rutgers are in the big ten. It's so freaking stupid. All the arguments for it are terrible and a grain of sand compared to the desert of absurdity it is that they are in the conference.
Delaney plain out-thought himself on that one and was letting himself get a little too vain in my opinion.
AS long as they are in the conference it will not work out well, it will always feel off. Football divisions, scheduling, and even basketball scheduling.
And that doesn't even include their terrible programs and awful fan bases.

Sorry, end rant.
I agree, I think from a conference value standpoint they are worthless. The only reason they were added is for $$$$$. They just don't fit in. Feel like they need to be in the AAC

I agree, I think from a conference value standpoint they are worthless. The only reason they were added is for $$$$$.
I question how much they even add revenue wise if you look at it fludily. Static money from where we were maybe. But there was no foresight involved.

I like the divisions where they are.. Wisc, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota, it is about as close to the old big 8/ big 12 north type thing we can ask for here in the Big Ten.

What I would like to see is only divisional games count in winning the division. The current rules are kind of messed up where a loss against a team outside of your division, hurts you in your own division.

Wasted thread never going to happen in the first place.o_O
You are seriously putting the "never going to happen" label on conference realignment? It happened twice in 3 years. They could expand again and realign things. Also you do realize about 90% of the threads on this board are "wasted threads" right? If you want only facts and real information go watch the news....... Well, maybe not.

You've got to be kidding, right?

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
It's a hypothetical question based on a ridiculous premise. That's why people are scratching their heads.
Have you read 90% of whats on this board? We talked for 6 months about hypothetically getting Frost (before we even played a game). We talked hypothetically about recruits, about what type of offense we would run, what would next year record be, how high recruiting ranks would be, about who the athletic director would be, about Nebraska making the tourney. Again I thought it was a fun hypothetical sorry it wasn't taken as such.

Last edited:
Id be for realigning every x years based on an average conference standing 1-14 over the last x years. You would get 2 rivalry games that you would be guaranteed every year, regardless of they are part of your division or not.

Probably x would be around 8 years, but the "lookback" that would also be 8 years would be offset by 2-4 years to allow for travel plans and such

You are seriously putting the "never going to happen" label on conference realignment? It happened twice in 3 years. They could expand again and realign things. Also you do realize about 90% of the threads on this board are "wasted threads" right? If you want only facts and real information go watch the news....... Well, maybe not.

“They Could expand”... You’re only assuming this could happen...

Already sucks playing Rutgers and Maryland.

Have you read 90% of whats on this board?

Yes, and nearly all of what's on this board makes more sense than your initial post. Sorry, but to suggest we are going to own the West to the point that a realignment would be needed is just a silly premise.

But but but... UCF went 13-0 two years after 0-12 and Scott Frost runs on water.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
pretty sure they aren't. also, kansas and kansas st aren't tied together either.
The google machine spit out this:

"So, the only LEGAL tie the 2 schools have is through the Governor. That’s it…no more, no less. The Governor would have to decide if one school left for an athletic conference and left the other behind if that was beneficial to the state and to the citizens…that’s it. I would think it would be a hard decision for a Governor to veto something that was approved and deliberated over by a Board that he/she appointed to do that very job. "

So while not legally tied together, if it would apear that Okie Lite was going to be left in a dumpster making less money etc i am sure the Governor would see that as not in the best interest of the state. Only way i see it happening is if OU an Ok.Lite both get big offers from different conferences maybe one SEC one B1G since those are 2 comparable media $$.

what if the big 12 collapses and the other conferences veto okie st? both schools are to get left out just so they can stay together?

This is the type of delusional thinking that leads people to having mental breakdowns during tough times. They never understood the challenges at play from the very beginning and now they take their anger out on the coaches because of their own misguided understanding of reality.

This is the type of delusional thinking that leads people to having mental breakdowns during tough times. They never understood the challenges at play from the very beginning and now they take their anger out on the coaches because of their own misguided understanding of reality.
Dude stop stalking me, starting to creep me out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT