ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado deserves to rot

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
Colorado should have been left behind to rot in the Mountain West rather than Oregon State and Washington State.

It won't be called the Mountain West. It will be called the PAC and the conference champion will have an auto bid in the 12 team playoff. The trademark already signed the contract with the committee.
Genius move. Let’s move to the mountain west. Sick of the cheaters and pedos

87k9e9.jpg

They will return to being a dumpster fire the moment Deion leaves. Doesn’t matter what conference they are in, they will not be a successful program long term.

Reactions: Landomatic
Th
It won't be called the Mountain West. It will be called the PAC and the conference champion will have an auto bid in the 12 team playoff. The trademark already signed the contract with the committee.
The auto bids will go out the window when a 8-4 “New pac” champion gets in over a 9-3 SEC team.

Changes today:
""We are pleased that the Washington Supreme Court has put on hold the preliminary injunction that would have given OSU and WSU sole control of the Pac-12 Conference," the departing 10 schools said in a statement. "The decision effectively ensures that all 12 current members will have an equal voice in determining how the revenue our schools earned this year is distributed and utilized while the Court considers our arguments."

Washington Supreme Court stays ruling on Pac-12 control

Th

The auto bids will go out the window when a 8-4 “New pac” champion gets in over a 9-3 SEC team.
That wouldn't take place until 2026. The landscape is changing and some of those teams could rise to the occasion. Besides, if all the 12 team playoff turns into is a Big/SEC invitational, college football is done

I guess my question is WHY do they have to be? They have been great before… they could again
No. They’re a flash in the pan program.
The university higher ups there don’t care about athletics and their athletic department is in dire need of money.

Changes today:
""We are pleased that the Washington Supreme Court has put on hold the preliminary injunction that would have given OSU and WSU sole control of the Pac-12 Conference," the departing 10 schools said in a statement. "The decision effectively ensures that all 12 current members will have an equal voice in determining how the revenue our schools earned this year is distributed and utilized while the Court considers our arguments."

Had no idea this was even an issue....thought it was decided and done. Hahaha...that sucks for the two.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Colorado has lost three of their best committed recruits, and their offensive and defensive coordinators to other schools. Sounds like a plan of success. Hopefully a lot of their starters hit the portal too

Changes today:

That has to do with revenue only.

That wouldn't take place until 2026. The landscape is changing and some of those teams could rise to the occasion. Besides, if all the 12 team playoff turns into is a Big/SEC invitational, college football is done
It’s already done. Has been for a while.

I guess my question is WHY do they have to be? They have been great before… they could again
They are not particularly committed to football. Deion is kind of interesting for the moment and buying a buffs hoodie to wear to the game is not that big of an expense. But you can take it to the bank that this thing is not built to last.

While I agree that having 2 conferences completely dominating CFB is not ideal and/or good for the sport. But so far, financially, that hasn’t been the case. CFB has been ruled by 2 conferences (really 1, SEC) for the last 10-15 years and ratings keep getting better every year. Now one could argue that CFB would be even more popular if there was more parity, and I tend to believe that’s probably true.

Personally, I’m hopeful the 12 team playoff will create some needed parity in CFB. I don’t think it will happen right away, (maybe) but I think once a lot more schools are making the playoffs, on an annual basis, it will increase the likelihood of different schools winning a national championship. And that can and will “super charge” more fan bases across the country. In a 12 team playoff UGA, Mich, Alabama and OSU can only take up 4 spots each year.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Colorado has lost three of their best committed recruits, and their offensive and defensive coordinators to other schools. Sounds like a plan of success. Hopefully a lot of their starters hit the portal too
Oh, but Warren Sapp is coming as an assistant coach next year.

Reactions: Bugeater
I believe the defensive coordinator is still there. Not sure anyone else is really looking to hire him.

OC Lewis is definitely gone, though. Even the reporters who gushed over Deion were scratching their heads when he demoted Lewis. Big mistake from both a game-calling and recruiting standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT