ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Buffs

Rod65

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
Anybody from Colorado who can tell us how the Buffs look for this coming year?

Defending divisional champions coming off a 10 win season ... Would love for Nebraska to have similar success this year

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Buffs graduated a lot of good defensive players and lost defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt to Oregon. Pretty easy schedule so they'll have an okay record, but likely won't match last year's. Philip Lindsay is a beast at RB, but for some reason CU likes to build the whole running game around the QB.

The reason they were good, Jim Leavitt, is gone. So I would anticipate them to be crashing back down to .500 or sub .500

Buffs graduated a lot of good defensive players and lost defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt to Oregon. Pretty easy schedule so they'll have an okay record, but likely won't match last year's. Philip Lindsay is a beast at RB, but for some reason CU likes to build the whole running game around the QB.

Their non conference schedule would make an NAIA school proud.

Reactions: saluno22
For those too lazy to look it up...
Fri, Sep 1: Neutral site vs. Colorado State (in Denver)
Sat, Sep 9: Home vs. Texas State
Sat, Sep 16: Home vs. Northern Colorado

That certainly is something to be proud of if you are Chadron.

Yeah I think the Buffs take a step back this year, but they can fall out of bed and start out 5-2. So I can see them maybe getting to 8 wins, but mainly because of their schedule.

Reactions: rrthusker

Obviously graduates of "Bill Snyder's School of Scheduling." Bill would be proud.

Anybody from Colorado who can tell us how the Buffs look for this coming year?

group-photo-of-everyone-who-cares-5888577.png

I remember when those bastard cu fans would rip on Nebraska's schedule in the 90's and beyond, only to get beaten (most times) by the Huskers when it came time to play. They are the sCUm of the college football world.

Might be in the top five but they are behind PSU, Baylor and Ole Miss in that category.

Might be in the top five but they are behind PSU, Baylor and Ole Miss in that category.
Penn State fans used to be pretty good, at least when I went back there in 1982, but you're right, they're not so friendly anymore. My dislike of cu fans is due to directly dealing with them for nearly 40 years, they are idiots.

Went to a few games in Waco, never had any trouble with their fans, maybe it was different for other NU fans. Plano, any trouble when you've been there?

Bring back that stud Marcus Houston. He can suit up for the Buffs in the first half, then switch to the Rams for the remainder of the game.

Penn State fans used to be pretty good, at least when I went back there in 1982, but you're right, they're not so friendly anymore. My dislike of cu fans is due to directly dealing with them for nearly 40 years, they are idiots.

Went to a few games in Waco, never had any trouble with their fans, maybe it was different for other NU fans. Plano, any trouble when you've been there?
I hear you. I still think most Penn State fans are very friendly to visiting fans but there's no doubt fan behavior has eroded to a degree especially with so many night games. Idiots have all day to drink and that's never a good thing for guys who are idiots without booze.
I went to Lincoln back in the day and enjoyed myself. I was hoping Nebreska would become our end of year game. Two programs with some history and I thought some big things could be on the line with these two programs.
Anyway I don't travel to away games anymore. In the old days there were friendly jabs but cordiality is a lost art.

I think most of the problem at every school is drunk college and high school kids. Some places are just drunker than others. If I sit in the middle of a section of opposing fans and act like an idiot while supporting the Huskers, yeah I'm probably going get told to set down and shut the fxxk up.

ADVERTISEMENT