ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Kapernick

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Probably misspelled his name, but I'm on my phone so forgive me.

IMO, instead of having this love fest for the guy dissing the American Flag (the opinions remind me of that Seinfeld episode where people reacted shocked but immediately uttered "not that there's anything wrong with that!), Colin needs to have one of his respected teammates or coaches sit him down and explain that he works for a business, moreover one that is involved in show business, and the staff need to project the image at work consistent with what the business wants, and as we've seen with recent firings of people like Curt Shilling, it applies to their own time too. If he wants to be a political activist, he has every right to do that as a person outside of the NFL. Similar to Shilling, Paula Dean, or endless others who exercised their right to free speech and lost their place with their company or endorsements as a result.

Further, I'm still confused by what he wants to achieve. Is some police officer who has dodged bullets for years and engaged the bottom feeders of society going to all of the sudden say "he's right, I have been too harsh on these poor criminals?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News