ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cav Gives OLine Update

Chaz in SoCal

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 15, 2014
Q: What reports are you getting on your guys with their summer conditioning?

Coach Cav: Tremendous. Mark Phillip and Tim Rabas are excited about the workouts and the efforts they've put in and the gains that they've made. So obviously I'm excited. I thought we needed to get stronger after spring ball and that's happened. So, good stuff.

Q: Okay, I'm going to start with the captain Alex Lewis. What do you like about Alex Lewis?

Coach Cav: He has a great work ethic on the field and in the weight room. Does a great job in the classroom preparing so (being named a captain) wasn't a surprise. My expectations for Alex are very high. I think he has those same expectations. I expect a senior to play their very best football. I'm excited to coach him and see him continue to grow.

Q: Alright he's at left tackle for you. Let's talk about the tackle position both left and right. How do you see this stacking up as you get ready to go into August?

Coach Cav: It will be interesting. I haven't had a chance to coach Zach Sterup but I'm excited to do that. I really like our interactions that we've had. He looks tremendous. Obviously I didn't watch too much film last year to get any preexisting thoughts on guys. Obviously David Knevel's one of the tackles. Givens Price is a guy that can play outside or inside. We're going to kind of look at him as a guard.

Excited about Nick Gates and to see how he grows as a tackle. Then Matt Finnin's another guy that's out there. Sam Hahn's another guy that's in there, he's been pretty consistent. So it's been fun to watch.

(more to come)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News