ADVERTISEMENT

Closing a Sale

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
This time of year everyone is wondering who we will sign etc. I have been in sales most of my life and the close is always the most important part of the sale. There are those stories about the famous IBM close on main frames "would you like it blue or in grey" I think that was the line. Anyway, any sale starts with a product. Do you have a superior product to the competition. Price is always a part of the equation, but typically price is not the most important issue to a buyer, and in the case of a football recruit, there is no out of pocket expense he has to pay. So what are the important features and benefits of Nebraska football? Great facilities, great tradition, nice people, nice coaches, good education, great academic support, best fans in college football, crazy game day environment etc. What are the players needs and how does our product match those needs? I am not inside any players head, but it seems to me we have everything at N.U. a player would need. Distance from home aside, why cant we close?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News