ADVERTISEMENT

Class rankings

Skerz81

Walk On
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
With the surprise additions of 3 more 4 stars today and the possibility of adding Slusher still, what does this put our class rank at?

How can anybody predict that? Every other school in the country is adding last-minute commitments.

Well, you can look at 247 and Rivals team rankings and look at the schools around us. It is a little cloudy because 1. This is just early signing day. Teams will be signing kids the next 2 months. 2. The numbers are off a little. Still showing Gifford as a 2020 when he should be 2021 for example.

On Rivals, we are 16th currently showing 23 commits. ND, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, Kentucky, and South Carolina all below us with plenty of room for more recruits.

On 247, we are 17th showing 24 commits. TN, Oregon, Stanford, SC, KY, FSU all showing below us with room for more commits.

I'm still guessing somewhere between 17-20 once all the dust is settled although some of these additional 4-stars might just bump us up higher.

Double digit 4* kids is the part that makes me happy today. There will be some larger classes that finish ahead of NU but the roster is moving in the correct direction in terms of piling up kids who are flat out athletic.

This puts you on Pace to have 40-60 kids who are 4* rated on your team a few years from now. And then high 3* kids along with them, with the occasional walk-on sprinkled in.

Double digit 4* kids is the part that makes me happy today. There will be some larger classes that finish ahead of NU but the roster is moving in the correct direction in terms of piling up kids who are flat out athletic.

This puts you on Pace to have 40-60 kids who are 4* rated on your team a few years from now. And then high 3* kids along with them, with the occasional walk-on sprinkled in.
Great post..my barometer is always 10+ 4/5 stars to compete with the elite teams.

yep. I love seeing double digit four stars. There was a thread back in August on the correlation between Blue Chip recruits and final rankings and the 50% rule holds true. Most Top 15 teams have 50% or more of their rosters filled with 4 and 5 star recruits. There are outliers like Wisconsin, but that’s the exception rather than the rule. If we can fill our roster with 40-60 kids that are 4 stars we’re going to be in really good position to see great on filed results. I still think we’re another class or two away, but last years class and this 2020 class are a huge injection of much needed talent.

yep. I love seeing double digit four stars. There was a thread back in August on the correlation between Blue Chip recruits and final rankings and the 50% rule holds true. Most Top 15 teams have 50% or more of their rosters filled with 4 and 5 star recruits. There are outliers like Wisconsin, but that’s the exception rather than the rule. If we can fill our roster with 40-60 kids that are 4 stars we’re going to be in really good position to see great on filed results. I still think we’re another class or two away, but last years class and this 2020 class are a huge injection of much needed talent.
Looks like we will lose 5 4 stars from graduation and looks like we'll add 10. So we'll be at around 27 4 stars on the roster. Most of whom will be Freshman and Sophomores. By that measure we'll be another 2 years away. A bowl game is the goal next year especially with that schedule.

Looks like we will lose 5 4 stars from graduation and looks like we'll add 10. So we'll be at around 27 4 stars on the roster. Most of whom will be Freshman and Sophomores. By that measure we'll be another 2 years away. A bowl game is the goal next year especially with that schedule.

We didn't want them anyway.

Agreed! I want to see us really improve next year, but those last 5 games in a row are a terrible stretch. I think we can get to 6-7 wins before that even happens (we do play Rutgers, after all), but after that...that may be all we get. We play:

Purdue
Central Michigan
SDSU
Cincinnati
@ NW
Illinois
BYE
Rutgers
@tOSU
Penn State
@ Iowa
@ Wisconsin
Minnesota

I see AT LEAST two losses there, maybe more like 4-5.

So yes, improvement and a bowl game is what I want to see. I think that is realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT