Class rankings

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by Skerz81, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Skerz81

Skerz81 Newbie
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

With the surprise additions of 3 more 4 stars today and the possibility of adding Slusher still, what does this put our class rank at?

2. redfanusa

redfanusa First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

How can anybody predict that? Every other school in the country is adding last-minute commitments.

3. dand84

dand84 Senior
    Expand Collapse

Well, you can look at 247 and Rivals team rankings and look at the schools around us. It is a little cloudy because 1. This is just early signing day. Teams will be signing kids the next 2 months. 2. The numbers are off a little. Still showing Gifford as a 2020 when he should be 2021 for example.

On Rivals, we are 16th currently showing 23 commits. ND, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, Kentucky, and South Carolina all below us with plenty of room for more recruits.

On 247, we are 17th showing 24 commits. TN, Oregon, Stanford, SC, KY, FSU all showing below us with room for more commits.

I'm still guessing somewhere between 17-20 once all the dust is settled although some of these additional 4-stars might just bump us up higher.

timnsun, Skerz81 and TheBeav815 like this.
  4. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

My guess top 16 to 18. Most players will be signed today. There won’t be many left over.

5. TheNewNU

TheNewNU Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

I was expecting high 30s. But kudos to SF and staff for killing it late with this class. He's proven he can close on recruits after the last 2 years. GBR!

6. TheBeav815

TheBeav815 Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Double digit 4* kids is the part that makes me happy today. There will be some larger classes that finish ahead of NU but the roster is moving in the correct direction in terms of piling up kids who are flat out athletic.

This puts you on Pace to have 40-60 kids who are 4* rated on your team a few years from now. And then high 3* kids along with them, with the occasional walk-on sprinkled in.

Wannabee8, OzzyLvr, Merlin_ and 9 others like this.
  7. mrruffin10

mrruffin10 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Great post..my barometer is always 10+ 4/5 stars to compete with the elite teams.

Merlin_, SoFL Husker and TheNewNU like this.
  8. Cloud_a_Heart

Cloud_a_Heart Senior
    Expand Collapse

If slusher is N..... Then the Huskers would move up to 15th. Then, Notre Dame and Texas will pass us when they fill their remaining 3 and 4 openings, respectively. Nebraska will end up with the 17th ranked class, if I have it calculated correctly. GBR! https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2020

9. z28craz

z28craz Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

yep. I love seeing double digit four stars. There was a thread back in August on the correlation between Blue Chip recruits and final rankings and the 50% rule holds true. Most Top 15 teams have 50% or more of their rosters filled with 4 and 5 star recruits. There are outliers like Wisconsin, but that’s the exception rather than the rule. If we can fill our roster with 40-60 kids that are 4 stars we’re going to be in really good position to see great on filed results. I still think we’re another class or two away, but last years class and this 2020 class are a huge injection of much needed talent.

10. TheNewNU

TheNewNU Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Looks like we will lose 5 4 stars from graduation and looks like we'll add 10. So we'll be at around 27 4 stars on the roster. Most of whom will be Freshman and Sophomores. By that measure we'll be another 2 years away. A bowl game is the goal next year especially with that schedule.

TheBeav815 and timnsun like this.
  11. otismotis08

otismotis08 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

We didn't want them anyway.

12. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

Agreed! I want to see us really improve next year, but those last 5 games in a row are a terrible stretch. I think we can get to 6-7 wins before that even happens (we do play Rutgers, after all), but after that...that may be all we get. We play:

Purdue
    Central Michigan
    SDSU
    Cincinnati
    @ NW
    Illinois
    BYE
    Rutgers
    @tOSU
    Penn State
    @ Iowa
    @ Wisconsin
    Minnesota

I see AT LEAST two losses there, maybe more like 4-5.

So yes, improvement and a bowl game is what I want to see. I think that is realistic.