ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Jones Update?

Would be very surprised… maybe among RBs but not overall. Not that I recall at least.
I got Bobby Burtons National Recruiting Advisor every year in the 90s and I believe Ahman was like #3 overall, and the top RB.
That varied by publication though. I pretty much bought all of them back then…. NRA, Street & Smiths, Lindys, etc

Guys seems like a lock for top player in NE for 2025 and also a top 100 player or better in the US. What's are chances at landing him?

NextGen Five-Star Pro Day LB MVP Christian Jones updates recruitment...​

We go to a bowl game and he's a lock, but what do I know?

Reactions: solarpanels
It is nuts how fast it changes, I have not coached HS ball for 3 seasons now and I don't know any of these names for 25.

Reactions: saluno22
I dont know about that. Carter Nelson is like #40 overall and Baker Steinkuhler was a 5-star.
At the five star pro day camp, he was rated as a "stock riser" (and he's already a four star). He's going to be highly rated obviously. I don't put a lot of stock in what these website scouts think- they're just going to go off of who recruits him. If the Georgia's and Alabama's of the world decide to recruit him, he could get into that five star/top 30 range.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I guess I wouldn't consider Brady Quinn and college bust, but for sure a NFL bust.
Good point. I guess I meant have a good enough college career to at least get drafted. No clue what Quinn was rated out of HS but he still had an NFL career, just a short one. Not the same as Baker and Lucky.

Reactions: HuskerO
Third nationally, I believe

I remember having the Athlons that year, and Kevin Faulk (RB, LSU) was #1 , Green was #3, don't remember who was #2, but i think Randy Moss was up there, as well. Nebraska also signed a DL in the top 100 that year, I believe his name was Derek Allen, from Arkansas, but not side whatever happened to him.

edit:found this on Twitter. Amazing class:

Last edited:
He and Marlon Lucky were both busts in my book. Top 10 players need to have NFL careers
Busts? Yes. But also overrated to begin with. Both guys played a lot of games for the Big Red. But neither flashed signs of brilliance. And older Husker fans were used to seeing players, particularly RBs, show right from the start that they were something special. Marlon Lucky never stood out to me. He was just a good player who played in a good offense.

His mom must be super white, like almost transparent.
df850c56-c02f-4359-830f-154c159ee0b1_text.gif

Busts? Yes. But also overrated to begin with. Both guys played a lot of games for the Big Red. But neither flashed signs of brilliance. And older Husker fans were used to seeing players, particularly RBs, show right from the start that they were something special. Marlon Lucky never stood out to me. He was just a good player who played in a good offense.
I said Baker was an OT and he nor the staff didn't listen....cost him millions of dollars in the NFL.

Marlon Lucky didn't turn out to be great, but had one of the better seasons I can recall that gets overlooked in 07' -- 1,019 rush yards & 705 receiving yards is pretty damn impressive.

I said Baker was an OT and he nor the staff didn't listen....cost him millions of dollars in the NFL.

Marlon Lucky didn't turn out to be great, but had one of the better seasons I can recall that gets overlooked in 07' -- 1,019 rush yards & 705 receiving yards is pretty damn impressive.
Good point.. when was the last time we had back with those #s?

Good point.. when was the last time we had back with those #s?
Ameer Abdullah had 1100 yards rushing as a sophomore and 1600+ as a jr and senior

He is the all time career leader in all purpose yards - and has 3 of the top 8 season marks in Neb history

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I got Bobby Burtons National Recruiting Advisor every year in the 90s and I believe Ahman was like #3 overall, and the top RB.
That varied by publication though. I pretty much bought all of them back then…. NRA, Street & Smiths, Lindys, etc
At 1:40. Roger reminds me of myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT