ADVERTISEMENT

Cheer up Husker fans it could be worse

It's funny to me that this is easily our worst team since before Bob Devaney was hired and Iowa is only favored by 3. Obviously, the line is smaller as its a home game for us and the final result could be vastly larger than 3. Nonetheless, gives me something to chuckle about in our currently sad state of affairs.

If you have not paid attention to Iowa this year they are Bipolar personality disorder personified into a football team. We are REALLY young at several spots and have made some really poor plays. They have also showed glimpses of being REALLY good. Fourtunalty and unfortunately there is absolutely 0 way to predict which team is going to show up in memorial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggus Blockus
As bad as our (Iowa's) offense can be, the defense has been strong all year. I just can't see Nebraska causing problems for this defense (#8 your receiver worries me though). Is Iowa dissapointing this year? Absolutely. But not bad enough to lose to Nebraska. Not trolling, just being honest. Having said that, I look forward to you guys turning things around in the future (same for us).

Last edited:
Yeah you could be Iowa.... that would just stink. Hey pop quiz, what happens if you don't get frost?
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

As bad as our (Iowa's) offense can be, the defense has been strong all year. I just can't see Nebraska causing problems for this defense (#8 your receiver worries me though). Is Iowa dissapointing this year? Absolutely. But not bad enough to lose to Nebraska. Not trolling, just being honest.
You're most likely right. Not saying Iowa is significantly better, but Nebraska hasn't given anyone reason to worry. Another guy to look out for on the offensive side of the ball is #10, JD Spielman. Adopted father and uncle is Rick Spielman and Chris Spielman. He has been a bright spot for us this year. He re-dinged his shoulder this past Saturday in State College, but he played through it and should be good to go for Friday.

Regardless, it's going to be 65 and sunny in Lincoln. Nice change from past years. Should be a great day for football!

You're most likely right. Not saying Iowa is significantly better, but Nebraska hasn't given anyone reason to worry. Another guy to look out for on the offensive side of the ball is #10, JD Spielman. Adopted father and uncle is Rick Spielman and Chris Spielman. He has been a bright spot for us this year. He re-dinged his shoulder this past Saturday in State College, but he played through it and should be good to go for Friday.

Regardless, it's going to be 65 and sunny in Lincoln. Nice change from past years. Should be a great day for football!
Sorry, I'm well aware of Spielman and he definitely scares me too, should have mentioned.

As bad as our (Iowa's) offense can be, the defense has been strong all year. I just can't see Nebraska causing problems for this defense (#8 your receiver worries me though). Is Iowa dissapointing this year? Absolutely. But not bad enough to lose to Nebraska. Not trolling, just being honest. Having said that, I look forward to you guys turning things around in the future (same for us).

Hey. At least you guys had the Ohio St game. If I had a left nut I would give it just to beat them in the way you did.

Yeah but then we had Wisconsin the next week. I would have given my left nut to switch those two. OSU is always going to be good. If someone from the west doesn't step up to wiscy it's going to be a battle for 2nd every year.

Hey. At least you guys had the Ohio St game. If I had a left nut I would give it just to beat them in the way you did.
Thanks, felt damn good! Didn't even get to enjoy a conversation with my fellow Hawkfan mailman about it before the 66 yard performance the next week. As a sportswriter here wrote, "from 55 points to 66 yards in seven days."

If you have not paid attention to Iowa this year they are Bipolar personality disorder personified into a football team. We are REALLY young at several spots and have made some really poor plays. They have also showed glimpses of being REALLY good. Fourtunalty and unfortunately there is absolutely 0 way to predict which team is going to show up in memorial.
Eh, either one that shows up will win. I have 0 confidence that anything resembling a "blackshirt" will show up.

Yeah but then we had Wisconsin the next week. I would have given my left nut to switch those two. OSU is always going to be good. If someone from the west doesn't step up to wiscy it's going to be a battle for 2nd every year.
Not me...I was tired of being tOSU's beotch. Was great to destroy them while they looked so phenomenal in the road whites. I still deleted it off the DVR after the Purdue game (can't enjoy it knowing what came after).

It's funny to me that this is easily our worst team since before Bob Devaney was hired and Iowa is only favored by 3. Obviously, the line is smaller as its a home game for us and the final result could be vastly larger than 3. Nonetheless, gives me something to chuckle about in our currently sad state of affairs.
What did you think was going to happen when
you messed with the Devaney formula?

We are going to get stomped by Iowa, so prepare yourself now. Owned on the LOS on both sides of the ball, and that will determine this game.

Spielman questionable for Friday

I can’t get motivated to argue over which pile of sh— is worse. Just not interested. Even at work where we normally argue all the time.

Reactions: Biggus Blockus
This may be the most pathetic trash talking thread I have ever seen. Husker fan comes out with the flame thrower and then Iowa fan and Husker fan start arguing that their own team sucks worse than the other one. I am not sure I have ever seen this before. Laughing
If Iowa wins, I have to change my avatar to a Husker icon and if Nebraska wins, you have to change yours to an Iowa icon. It feels like one of those bets.

I think it will decided by which team mails it in first. Neither has anything to play for. Yes, Iowa is going to a crappy bowl but its down to Detroit or New Jersey probably. I think this favors Nebraska - I like the fight you guys had vs. PSU. Iowa didn't quit against Purdue - but that's only because they never got started.

At least there going bowling
This is your last game, as disappointed as Iowa is during this roller coaster season, a win on black Friday with a national tv audience can take some bitterness out of the taste of this season.

I will watch with anticipation the play of Nathan Bazata, a tough farm kid who works his butt off every play.

Nice story about a Nebraska kid who despite where he went to college brings his lunch pail to work every day.
www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2017/11/21/leistikow-nebraska-nathan-bazata-tough-dude-hawkeye-defensive-line/887436001/

Last edited:
This is your last game, as disappointed as Iowa is during this roller coaster season, a win on black Friday with a national tv audience can take some bitterness out of the taste of this season.

I will watch with anticipation the play of Nathan Bazata, a tough farm kid who works his butt off every play.

Nice story about a Nebraska kid who despite where he went to college brings his lunch pail to work every day.
www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2017/11/21/leistikow-nebraska-nathan-bazata-tough-dude-hawkeye-defensive-line/887436001/
I must say these stories irk the heck out of me - this kid should have been at NU and our media writing this story - enough of this "must be 4 star " guy or he is no good - keep the Nebraska kids at home

Reactions: Arbitr8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT