ADVERTISEMENT

Championship game. Iowa vs Northwestern

Three up, three down for both teams in the 2nd inning. 5-0 Iowa.

Third inning.

NW scratches across a run on one hit. Iowa make their third out on a base running error.

5-1 Hawkeyes.

3-3 tie middle of the fourth in the Big East trophy game between St John's and Xavier. Creighton eliminated yesterday.

Reactions: sklarbodds
Fourth inning

NW goes quietly. Iowa gets two walks but sprinkles in three outs.
5-1 Iowa.

Fifth

NW goes 1, 2, 3 again. Iowa gets a run on two hits and a walk.

6-1 Iowa.

Sixth

NW opens with a double then watches it die on the vine. Iowa goes quickly.

6-1 Iowa.

Iowa out to a 10-1 lead after seven. Another Adams moon shot.

Iowa wins and the Big Ten steals a bid. Of course, we really stole it last night but the question is - did we steal it from ourselves or will we get five bids.

We wait and see.

Iowa runs out to a 5-0 lead. Walks and wild pitches have played a role. Three hits so... not all goofy.

Kuglar just said lots of room in both teams' trophy case. Whoa.

That's hilarious. Iowa fans are coming out of the woodwork today on social media. One said "yeah just another trophy for the trophy case. Lmao. My response was, "there is plenty of room in there.

Anyone know how the Huskers are doing head-to-head in Men's sports with Iowa since joining the B1G? Sorry that our winning upsets you so much you have to troll people on social media. I guess people can't like what you don't like.

Congratulations on the regular season championship. It's a lot different than being hot in the tournament.

Anyone know how the Huskers are doing head-to-head in Men's sports with Iowa since joining the B1G? Sorry that our winning upsets you so much you have to troll people on social media. I guess people can't like what you don't like.

Congratulations on the regular season championship. It's a lot different than being hot in the tournament.
Anyone knows a regular season title is much more important. Why rely on a tourney to decide your fate? Seems shortsighted. Besides, nobody is upset. Tourneys are a flip of a coin sometimes. Not everyday that a team will have 14 runners on and not score one but it happens. It's baseball man. Good luck in the tourney. Maybe some Iowa fans will actually pay attention now that they made a regional. Oddly enough Husker Baseball fans could probably tell you more about your team than most Iowa fans. Do love your coach though. Eventually he will get bought out and you can focus on wrestling again.

Besides, what other board dedicates a thread to every Big Ten Tourney Game? You're welcome so you could follow along. Winking

Reactions: Cougar63
I wouldn't mind seeing Iowa in Omaha if Nebraska don't make it. It helps the image of college baseball. Then it's fun to make fun of all the bandwagon Herkie fans that claim they have always rooted for the baseball team.

There was no backhanded compliment saying congratulations. Going to UNO, I watched a lot of Alex Gordon era Husker baseball with fraternity brothers. Regular season championship isn't a small feat.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT