ADVERTISEMENT

CFB betting week 3

Just for fun. I am going to track how the collective betting goes. It is not a judgement on anyone and if people dont like it I will discontinue. I am not tracking parlays. Bets (or pseudo bets) will have to be posted before games to count(in game bets I wont check lines). Here are Week 1 and 2 results to my best knowledge.

Overall Record
Wins 21 - Losses 19
Most wins were Georgia -13.5 (4 wins) and Notre Dame +3 (3 wins)
Most losses was LSU -4.5(3 losses)

UNC +2.5 (W)
NDSU +10.5 (W)
Minnesota/UNC Under 50.5 (W)
Florida +2.5 (L)(L)
CSU +32 (L)(L)
Notre Dame +3 (W)(W)(W)
UGA -13.5 (W)(W)(W)(W)
WVU +8 (L)
Penn St. -8.5(W)
Ok St -9 (W)(W)
Huskers/Utep Under 49 (W)
Maryland -20 (W)
CSU +32.5 (L)
NW -3 (W)
James Madison -9.5 (W)
LSU -4.5 (L)(L)(L)
UNLV +2 (W)
Michigan St -13.5 (L)
VTU -13.5 (L)
Tennessee -38.5 (W)
FIU +22.5 (L)
Indiana St +33.5 (L)
Illinois State +23.5 (L) (L)
UCONN +19.5 (L)
Louisville -40 (W)
Kent St +23.5 (L)
Michigan -21 (L)
UTEP +27.5 (L)
Boston College +17.5 (W)

Week 2
Overall Week 2
19W 18L
Overall Season
40W 37L

Week 2 Big winners Texas x5 Tennessee x4
Week 2 Losers Kansas x3
BYU/SMU 55.5 Over (L)
NWU -2.5 (L)
KSU -8.5 (L)
Tex -3.5 (W)(W)(W)(W)(W)
Miss -40.5 (W)(W)(W)
Tenn -6.5 (W)(W)(W)(W)
KU -5 (L)(L)(L)
Nebraska -7 (W)
Syracuse +3.5 (W)
Liberty -22.5 (L)
App State +17 (L)
Oregon -20 (L)
Michigan +7.5 (L)(L)
Wazzu (W)
NU/CU 56 (W)
Utah -15 (L)
Oklahoma vs Houston -27 (L)
OU Houston Over 49.5 (L)
TTU Wazzu Over 66? (L)
Iowa -2.5 (L)
Louisville -28.5 (W)
OkSu -3.5 (W)(W)
Notre Dame -28 (L)
Alabama -31 (L)

What user name has the best win percentage? That'll let us know who knows their sh*t.
Probably too much work to track, but it'd be nice to give folks credit.

What user name has the best win percentage? That'll let us know who knows their sh*t.
I have not looked at that. Personally, I like and hope people will call their shots on games as much as possible, even if not actually placing bets. I feel that tracking posters records would discourage that on the chance that they have a bad week of predictions.

Besides, anyone who visits the Main Board knows that the way to win big is to bet exactly opposite of any guarantees made by. @TitleistNole195r

Reactions: king_kong_
I don't know who that would be. I can say with relative certainty that if you just fade me you'll probably make money.

I have not looked at that. Personally, I like and hope people will call their shots on games as much as possible, even if not actually placing bets. I feel that tracking posters records would discourage that on the chance that they have a bad week of predictions.

Besides, anyone who visits the Main Board knows that the way to win big is to bet exactly opposite of any guarantees made by. @TitleistNole195r
My bets ( another light week)

Oregon State + 15
Bama - 15.5
I’d bet big if available Neb -28

My bets ( another light week)

Oregon State + 15
Bama - 15.5
I’d bet big if available Neb -28
Probably not gonna play again this week.

I've been sitting on UCF v. TCU, Baylor v. AForce, and UNLV v. Kansas but I need
UNLV to move to 7 1/2 and the other two to stay where they are. Also South Florida v. So. Miss.

If I can get the UNLV line to move by Sat morning, I'm playing a 7 teamer. Everything I play will either have 1/2 odds or I'm passing.

Probably not gonna play again this week.

I've been sitting on UCF v. TCU, Baylor v. AForce, and UNLV v. Kansas but I need
UNLV to move to 7 1/2 and the other two to stay where they are. Also South Florida v. So. Miss.

If I can get the UNLV line to move by Sat morning, I'm playing a 7 teamer. Everything I play will either have 1/2 odds or I'm passing.
Nice bro. Stay patient and do your thing. You’re the gambling guru around these parts so appreciate your posts

tonight:

UNLV +9, OVER 57.5
Kst -7 (this line make no sense to me so I had to take it)

tomorrow:
west va/pitt OVER 63.5
Florida +3.5 vs aTm
BC +16 @ mizzou
wisconsin +16.5 (this also makes no sense to me, had to take it)
ole miss -21.5 @ wake forest
colorado st +7.5 vs CU
fresno -19 vs NMSt

more to come (as ever)

reminder all wagers are $50 unless otherwise noted

Last edited:
tonight:

UNLV +9, OVER 57.5

tomorrow:
west va/pitt OVER 63.5
BC +16 @ mizzou
colorado st +7.5 vs CU
fresno -19 vs NMSt

more to come (as ever)

That’s your business how much you wager, $55 to win $50.

Reactions: king_kong_
tonight:

UNLV +9, OVER 57.5

tomorrow:
west va/pitt OVER 63.5
BC +16 @ mizzou
colorado st +7.5 vs CU
fresno -19 vs NMSt

more to come (as ever)

Last week, as we know, Bama was really struggling for 3 qtrs against So Florida, through 3 quarters the Tide had 13 penalties and 3 turnovers. That's very unlike Bama, but Deboers is not yet Saban. They likely come out breathing fire from a wicked week of practice. Both Bama and GA have next weekend off in preparation of their meeting on 9/28. If the Tide get up early, not sure how much DeBoer will want to put on film for Georgia.

I can't play the CSU-CU game cause my dislike for the Buffs overrules my thought process. LOL

Good luck!!

I think it's good and important context

there are plenty of $5> bettors here

not judging
If I get in a funk that is what I do. I also do usually around 3-5 $5 5 team parlays just for fun. Gambling is fun no matter the dollar value for me. I've found a good zone for me betting usually $25-50 a game. Sometimes I go higher if I am up and I really really like something I see. Either way, I love this thread and like the banter and to see what other folks who love football are going with.

If I get in a funk that is what I do. I also do usually around 3-5 $5 5 team parlays just for fun. Gambling is fun no matter the dollar value for me. I've found a good zone for me betting usually $25-50 a game. Sometimes I go higher if I am up and I really really like something I see. Either way, I love this thread and like the banter and to see what other folks who love football are going with.
I think every single bettor here (hopefully) knows their comfort level. A good rule is: If it makes you uncomfortable to make a certain amount wager, you're probably wagering too much.

As we all know, gambling is really fun, its also very challenging. There is no such thing as a sure thing, of course it could be "this week" but it tends not to play out longterm. Games that looked to be fairly easy thus far, have not been that way. I.E. FSU, Notre Dame, Bama, Oregon (twice), etc.

If you're comfortable wagering $ 5 - $ 10 dollars a game that's awesome. If you're more in the
$ 50- $ 100 range, that's awesome too. I make standard wagers because that has worked for me for a long time. Of course, there are exceptions like the Derby, BC, but generally I'm always gonna limit my exposure regardless of how I sit financially.

I play parlays exclusively, and yes, there are some on here who say that's not the way to go because it defies conventional wisdom, but I'm not a conventional guy and have made it profitable. Last year I tweaked my methodology at the end of the year into what I call a "base" with a stair step approach.

I could use kongs 8 team selection and explain how "I" do that, but I doubt many guys would be interested. It amounts to smaller wagers, but a higher ceiling when I'm right, it also limits the loss exposure in the event I miss a game or so along the way. As somewhat of an expert in "exotic" wagers at the track, which involves a lot of horses/teams, it's something I've employed for decades and the math always seem to play out longterm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT