ADVERTISEMENT

Ceyair Wright

it's beyond obvious that he's our best cover corner

having a man corner like him frees up T White to do whatever he wants

not sure we'll ever get a straight answer as to why it took so long for him to see the field, but I'm glad he's out there

Highest rated CB last week on PFF.

giphy.gif

If we could ever get Hill back to 100%, we could move Buford back to safety.

Gifford and Hartzog, who have both struggled, could split the Rover spot. Gifford against traditional sets and Hartzog against spread sets.

Gifford and Hartzog, who have both struggled, could split the Rover spot. Gifford against traditional sets and Hartzog against spread sets.
I wonder if Blye can play in the slot

honestly, slot might be Tommi's best position, too

DBs will get tested against Indiana throwing 315 ypg and 73% comp…. 15 TDs to 2 INTs.

Hopefully we get good pass rush and can neutralize the run which has been going for 200 ypg.

Can’t wait to see the Blackshirts rise to the challenge.

To help our defense, the offense needs to sustain drives and score points, …and we need “our new ST coach” to fix the mess.

I don't trust these PFF grades but he's done well. Defense has done just as good or better with him starting. I think that has more to Tony White and the rest of the D. He's a competitor though.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I don't trust these PFF grades but he's done well. Defense has done just as good or better with him starting. I think that has more to Tony White and the rest of the D. He's a competitor though.
we can play man coverage with him

we can't without him

that's the difference you're seeing

Puzzling why he wasn’t a bigger factor at USC given how terrible their defense was. Luckily, we have him and he should play somewhere even when/if Hill recovers.

Interesting. We'll see if we go back to cover 4 after the bye or play more man. I think White knew he had to mix it up after the Illinois game.
we won't go back as long as Wright is a starter

nor should we

I am wondering why Wright started the season buried on the depth chart given the obvious coverage limitations of the guys in front of him

but, alas

I seem to be in the minority with this opinion, but I don't give a shit about redshirts

play the best players, win as many now as possible

tomorrow is less of a given as ever in today's college football
I feel the same way. Only reason to redshirt is if you are not ready to play, not even on special teams. And by your third year, you should contribute or move on. Exceptions for QB and linemen.

Reactions: king_kong_
I seem to be in the minority with this opinion, but I don't give a shit about redshirts

play the best players, win as many now as possible

tomorrow is less of a given as ever in today's college football
Agreed but Rhule said he'll play 4 and redshirt.

Puzzling why he wasn’t a bigger factor at USC given how terrible their defense was. Luckily, we have him and he should play somewhere even when/if Hill recovers.
He started 15 games. Heart may not have been in it if he was trying to act too.

it's beyond obvious that he's our best cover corner

having a man corner like him frees up T White to do whatever he wants

not sure we'll ever get a straight answer as to why it took so long for him to see the field, but I'm glad he's out there
An added bonus is if he sticks around another year, our young WR's get to match up with him in practice and can do nothing but help them.

we won't go back as long as Wright is a starter

nor should we

I am wondering why Wright started the season buried on the depth chart given the obvious coverage limitations of the guys in front of him

but, alas
No doubt he had to become sound in TW's defense.

Reactions: king_kong_

Getting Tommi back plus the earlier than expected return of Buddha Wright gives White a lot more options in defending spread teams. Third down against Singleton, Buford, Hartzog, Tommi, Ceyair and Javin doesn’t leave a lot of options for opponents in the pass game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT