ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Dodd article on Rose_Ivey

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
Good article. Professors remember protest of Vietnam war on campus. Yup, I was in the Military Science building and also watched the bra burning out front. We did protest in Lincoln way back in '69! People didn't like it then. People will always have their own opinion which they are entitled to.

Good article. Professors remember protest of Vietnam war on campus. Yup, I was in the Military Science building and also watched the bra burning out front. We did protest in Lincoln way back in '69! People didn't like it then. People will always have their own opinion which they are entitled to.
No problem with it at all. My only problem is celebrities typically latch onto the wrong items to rally around - and this is no different. Hope they enjoy their 15 minutes of fame. Since CP started his protest, approx 1,320 people have been murdered. Approx 25 have come at the hand of a cop. A high percentage of those lives are black lives that nobody gives a sh*t about, except the 10 that have been killed by a cop.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
No problem with it at all. My only problem is celebrities typically latch onto the wrong items to rally around - and this is no different. Hope they enjoy their 15 minutes of fame. Since CP started his protest, approx 1,320 people have been murdered. Approx 25 have come at the hand of a cop. A high percentage of those lives are black lives that nobody gives a sh*t about, except the 10 that have been killed by a cop.
Would you say there is nothing wrong with cops killing people?

Kneeling for the national anthem to protest police killing is like going to the dermatologist to get rid of pimples when you have a large tumor that's really killing you. No one is saying it's ok for police to kill people when it's not justified (though often it is). They are choosing to pick on a problem that will solve less than .1% of the problem. If they start targeting single parent families, kids dropping out of school, joining gangs, committing crimes, etc. I would have more sympathy for their protest. That, and them actually doing something about it. Instead, they take a knee and want someone else to do something about it.

Kneeling for the national anthem to protest police killing is like going to the dermatologist to get rid of pimples when you have a large tumor that's really killing you. No one is saying it's ok for police to kill people when it's not justified (though often it is). They are choosing to pick on a problem that will solve less than .1% of the problem. If they start targeting single parent families, kids dropping out of school, joining gangs, committing crimes, etc. I would have more sympathy for their protest. That, and them actually doing something about it. Instead, they take a knee and want someone else to do something about it.

That stuff doesn't win elections. In fact it will cost you votes and get you painted as a racist for even mentioning it.

So what have you done lately?

So you are saying there is a problem.....and you take up issue with people and actions that combat that problem. Got it.
Depends on what your definition of a problem is? If 2% of something is considered a problem, then America should be protesting most everything - including deaths by bee stings, dogs, and diherrea. Do you find it interesting now that cops are being scrutinized that black deaths are up dramatically in places like Ferguson, Baltimore, and Chicago - or do those lives really matter?

Reactions: jeans1515
Typical Dodd. Throwing in cheap and unnecessary inflammatory language just to stir up emotions. Even the mention of the article is having the same effect as the article itself. I’m sure he is absolutely gleeful it is having such far reaching impact. Gives him the illusion of importance.

The big elephant in the room is this one question. Is it a policing matter or is it a matter of the complete breakdown of the black family structure? To many black youth are being raised without a father as head of the family... There I said the politically incorrect so I am ready to be attacked for being a incensitive racist that doesn't understand.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and nwualum
The big elephant in the room is this one question. Is it a policing matter or is it a matter of the complete breakdown of the black family structure? To many black youth are being raised without a father as head of the family... There I said the politically incorrect so I am ready to be attacked for being a incensitive racist that doesn't understand.
Cromartie's protest at the anthem overseas would be a good case study. He's fathered 12 kids through 8 different women. That is a lot of kids likely growing up without a positive male influence. The stats show that absentee fathers is an area where the black community stands out from any other demographic. But he says God told him to not stand for the anthem... I wonder if God told him to impregnate every female he sees too - and then walk away?

Reactions: OzzyLvr and nwualum
The only thing these protests have accomplished in the NFL is poor TV ratings. In the meantime Cities like Chicago average a murder or two every day.
The nfl ratings being down have way more to do with the product being terrible for two years and over saturation, these protests are not doing anything to hurt the nfl. Any article that you can pull on it that says they are is pure click bait crap.

Also there are tons of rallys and attempts to stop gang violence and black on black crime. The media does not cover those, the media makes it money by fear mongering and making people uncomfortable. If you're following mainstream media, the company that appeals to you is appealing to your bias, not giving you the news.

The nfl ratings being down have way more to do with the product being terrible for two years and over saturation, these protests are not doing anything to hurt the nfl. Any article that you can pull on it that says they are is pure click bait crap.

Also there are tons of rallys and attempts to stop gang violence and black on black crime. The media does not cover those, the media makes it money by fear mongering and making people uncomfortable. If you're following mainstream media, the company that appeals to you is appealing to your bias, not giving you the news.
You bring up some good points that I was not aware of. At least in my circle of people I know these protests have really turned them off to football.

You see the same type of media bias in how Trump is covered. Thats why I am voting for him I am hoping for a change. Thanks for making me aware of the the peaceful rallies and other event's taking place. Hopefully some day we can all live in peace.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES

I will agree with you 100% on the media. Is there remotely a question of who the mainstream media would like to see as our next president? If there are rallies and awareness operations for gang violence and black on black crime – you would hope that leaders of the community like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc. would highlight and focus upon them. Maybe they are and the media is ignoring them and people like me are not seeing it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT