ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Big Ten strength of schedule rankings

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
1) Minnesota- Tough non conference games against North Carolina on the road and the Gophers get Michigan, Ohio St and Michigan St from the East.Good news they only play Ohio St and Ioway on the road.Minnesota has won at least nine games in the last three Full season.
2) Purdue- non conference games against Fresno St, at Va- Tech and Syracuse.Boilers play Ohio St, Michigan but play Indiana instead of Sparty.
3)Michigan St - The west division draw isn‘t impossible at (Ioway, at Minnesotal Nebraska) but it could have been easier
4) Indiana
5) Illinois- Early road trip to Kansas.Open at Penn St but the Illini avoid Michigan and Ohio St. Illinois could be underdogs in all five away games..
6) Rutgers
7) Ohio St- besides a road game again Notre Dame non conference is difficult, Wisconsin, Penn St and Michigan are the other tougher game….
8) Nebraska- It’s not often you see a Power 5 team open the season with consecutive road games but that is what Rhule is handed to him in his first season.The Wolverines are the only one of the East big three powers Nebraska has to play, drew Michigan St and Maryland also. Road games against Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan St and Wisconsin is favorable.
9) Michigan
10) Northwestern
11) Wisconsin- non conference is soft with Buffalo, Georgia Southern at Washington St, while the Badgers get Ohio St they also get Rutgers and Indiana. Get Ioway at home.
12) Ioway- No disrespect to Penn St, but when you can avoid Michigan and Ohio St in your cross over games you’ll take it every time.The Hawkeyes should be favored every home game. However the road slate is tricker with Penn St and trips to Wisconsin and Nebraska.
13) Maryland
14) Penn St- I’m expecting a big season for the Nittany Lions, besides the opener against West Virginia playing schools Delaware and UMass is basically playing FCS schools.Penn s St first three conference games are Illinois, Ioway and Northwestern.

By Tom Fornelli. So for No paragraphs.

Yep, opening with two road games against P5 teams is indeed unfortunate this year.

For a 4 win team that looks to be quite a challenge. But it's also an excellent opportunity to make an immediate positive statement.

Reactions: moralvictories
1) Minnesota- Tough non conference games against North Carolina on the road and the Gophers get Michigan, Ohio St and Michigan St from the East.Good news they only play Ohio St and Ioway on the road.Minnesota has won at least nine games in the last three Full season.
2) Purdue- non conference games against Fresno St, at Va- Tech and Syracuse.Boilers play Ohio St, Michigan but play Indiana instead of Sparty.
3)Michigan St - The west division draw isn‘t impossible at (Ioway, at Minnesotal Nebraska) but it could have been easier
4) Indiana
5) Illinois- Early road trip to Kansas.Open at Penn St but the Illini avoid Michigan and Ohio St. Illinois could be underdogs in all five away games..
6) Rutgers
7) Ohio St- besides a road game again Notre Dame non conference is difficult, Wisconsin, Penn St and Michigan are the other tougher game….
8) Nebraska- It’s not often you see a Power 5 team open the season with consecutive road games but that is what Rhule is handed to him in his first season.The Wolverines are the only one of the East big three powers Nebraska has to play, drew Michigan St and Maryland also. Road games against Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan St and Wisconsin is favorable.
9) Michigan
10) Northwestern
11) Wisconsin- non conference is soft with Buffalo, Georgia Southern at Washington St, while the Badgers get Ohio St they also get Rutgers and Indiana. Get Ioway at home.
12) Ioway- No disrespect to Penn St, but when you can avoid Michigan and Ohio St in your cross over games you’ll take it every time.The Hawkeyes should be favored every home game. However the road slate is tricker with Penn St and trips to Wisconsin and Nebraska.
13) Maryland
14) Penn St- I’m expecting a big season for the Nittany Lions, besides the opener against West Virginia playing schools Delaware and UMass is basically playing FCS schools.Penn s St first three conference games are Illinois, Ioway and Northwestern.

By Tom Fornelli. So for No paragraphs.
These seem ridiculous. There are 3 preseason top 10 teams in the BIG.

The toughest schedules consist of teams that play all 3 - then 2 of the 3 then only 1. Slight adjustments for out of conf opponents. None of the other teams in the Big should be factored into strength of schedule as they are all the same

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
Just imagine being Tom Allen, you are getting fired after this season because you can't beat the teams in your division and next year, that all changes but you are out of a job.

Reactions: saluno22
adding a Y to Iowa.
giphy.gif

So much credence on playing OSU or Michigan but PSU plays both and is ranked last. Doesn’t make much sense.
I agree, that was my reaction as well. How can Penn State have the easiest schedule if it plays both Michigan and Ohio State?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I agree, that was my reaction as well. How can Penn State have the easiest schedule if it plays both Michigan and Ohio State?

No one in their right mind would trade our schedule for Penn State’s
Tell that to Tom Fornelli.

For SWioway I took bits and pieces from the article.. People lazy on the east side of the river to look up CBS college Football? Guess one is..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT