ADVERTISEMENT

Caution To The Faint Of Heart...BIG hit....

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
neboom.0.gif
Ok who remembers this play. Man i forgot how hard Randy Gregory NAILS this poor guy. We definitely need a few more Gregory type DE/OLB.

Randy hits the guy so hard...the guys feet flies up and trips Randy. This and Kenny Bells blast on the Wisconsin Vadger has to be the hardest blocks I ever seen. Absolutely obliterates the guys.

Amazing thing about this block is Randy actually eases up on him. Just pushes him down with two hands instead of going shoulder first into him. He could have seriously concussed this guy if he wanted to.

Reactions: huskerssalts
No, we absolutely DO NOT need more Randy Gregorys, and his “disease” of being addicted to weed.

It's a hard hit but nothing out of the ordinary. If you cover kicks or play defense sooner or later you'll get blind sided on a peel back block. It still happens and not all of them are flagged.

Reactions: blackshirts25
It's a hard hit but nothing out of the ordinary. If you cover kicks or play defense sooner or later you'll get blind sided on a peel back block. It still happens and not all of them are flagged.

Oh I agree and never claimed it to be special or “OUT OF THE ORDINARY”. Just that hit and Kenny Bells hit was the hardest ones I seen. Now that I think about it...this guy (pic below) laid out a USC guy on a kick off and it was a head on collision. Let me see if can’t track that one down...;)

Oh I agree and never claimed it to be special or “OUT OF THE ORDINARY”. Just that that hit and Kenny Bells hit was the hardest ones I seen. Now I think about it...this guy later out a USC guy on a kick off and it was a head on collision. Let me see if can’t track that one down...;)

wow a 4-star FB

my how times have changed.. does Rivals even rank/categorize FB anymore?

sad

Reactions: huskerssalts
wow a 4-star FB

my how times have changed.. does Rivals even rank/categorize FB anymore?

sad

He actually ended up playing as a RB for us and man that guy could deliver the punishment. LBs would fly in and remember fast he wasn’t an ordinary RB lol.

Edited....if I remember correctly, he ended up weighing 240-245 of solid muscle.

I’m going with mike Rucker’s hit on joe Gordon from kst, he hit him hard enough to knock his helmet off.

Damn can't believe I forgot that one! Another good one from that era was Mike Brown stoning a K-State OL on an INT return for a TD. Mike hit the guy face-up and put him down!

He actually ended up playing as a RB for us and man that guy could deliver the punishment. LBs would fly in and remember fast he wasn’t an ordinary RB lol.

yep, I remember him.

Rivals doesn't even categorize FB as a position anymore and ranked exactly one (1) in the entire country in 2018 when they stopped.

football is dead. long live football.

weed was the not problem. ignorant blue hairs that have been fed propaganda their whole lives are the problem.
I guess you have never seen have just “weed” can really mess up family which in turn make the user seek a bigger fix from hard core drugs!! I’m stopping now don’t want to get into a political pissing match. But don’t lump everyone that isn’t for marijuana into old people!!!

Here is a lesser circulated one, but one I always laughed at. Kenny Wilson never really amounted to the phenom we all thought he would be. On this day, he got a touchdown in mop-up time against Colorado. The Buff secondary guy thought he was gonna get a cheap shot on him about three yards in the end zone. He was wrong. If you watch it in slow speed, you will see the Buff dude could have been called for targeting today. He came in three yards deep in the endzone with his head down to kill Wilson. That didn't work so well.

Oh I agree and never claimed it to be special or “OUT OF THE ORDINARY”. Just that hit and Kenny Bells hit was the hardest ones I seen. Now that I think about it...this guy (pic below) laid out a USC guy on a kick off and it was a head on collision. Let me see if can’t track that one down...;)

Check John Ruud's hit on Kelly Phelps in the 1978 OKLAHOMA game. . . . Best ever !!!

Right! I mean, why kids these days don't want permanent brain damage the rest of their lives, in order to bring me a few seconds of entertainment, is beyond me.

don't be silly, they're lucky to play a game in exchange for a FREE degree so they may have the privilege of maybe someday entering the 9-5 workforce

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT