ADVERTISEMENT

"Cats Against the World 51"

Its like watching an accident that's going to happen, but you know it will so you watch to see how bad it can be.
25zxAb.gif

The perspective on campus is they’ll maybe win one game and everyone (AD as well) will be fired at end of year. Gragg made a statement about the shirts and it was met with a wanking off motion. Dude’s been pathetic since day 1.

It’s a bit wild how disconnected the sports and academia are. I swear anyone could shove a football player’s head in the toilet’s of Kellogg and no one would care

So did coaches other than Fitzgerald get fired? I assume these are coaches that have worked under him for a while and figure NW isn't going to fire them right before the season? Clown show.

Reactions: headcard
If they win more games without Fitz, How is that going to help their cause. Wouldn’t it show they are a better team without him?

Is this really a "free speech" issue, though? To me it's akin to an employee making a statement against their employer. Sure, you can say whatever you want, but as an employer I can fire your ass for doing so.
Correct

Not to mention the pending legal action

Is this really a "free speech" issue, though? To me it's akin to an employee making a statement against their employer. Sure, you can say whatever you want, but as an employer I can fire your ass for doing so.
Big middle finger to the administration. That whole staff knows they’re gone and that their boss wishes they were already gone. It truly is an “us against the world situation”.

you're right

as student-athletes they have significantly less rights than employees
I never thought of it like that, but the way you put that, it's also true.. they have less rights than an employee would, who also would have less rights than just some non affiliated individual.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yeah some people definitley dont understand what free speech means. They dont get that it only protects your from speaking out against the govt. Sure you can say what you want but there definitley can be repercussions for what you say while at work.

I'm as big of a free speech guy as there is, but this isn't protected speech. It's like someone wearing a "My boss sucks" or "My company suck" shirt to work. Employers have the right to fire employees who desparage them or their organization.

I'm as big of a free speech guy as there is, but this isn't protected speech. It's like someone wearing a "My boss sucks" or "My company suck" shirt to work. Employers have the right to fire employees who desparage them or their organization.
I remember @ work 20 some years ago, we were working 7 days a week for like 4 months. A gal wore Orange T-shirt with Company name and Inmate # 1234 on it. Duck that was funny, lasted about 15 minutes before she was made to turn it inside out. I'll be damned if she didn't do it right there in front of everybody. I threw a couple one$ at her afterwards and she took em and just smiled.

Needless to say she didn't work there long time:)

Reactions: Antwill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT