ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Thompson?

I want DR starting in the Fall. A raw and inexperienced Raiola is probably still much better than HH or Purdy who aren’t even real QB’s. Get Kaelin ready as #2. Build for the future
A raw Raiola probably better than an injury-trodden 25 year old as well

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Is an injury prone Chubba better than an injury prone Casey as a #2? Thats probably the real question.
How many years does Chubba have left? That we help my answer. Casey - better pocket passer but Chubba can run too. Casey never showed an ability to do that.

How many years does Chubba have left? That we help my answer. Casey - better pocket passer but Chubba can run too. Casey never showed an ability to do that.
I believe Chubba has at least 2 years left with the possibility of a 3rd year for an injury hardship. I actually thought that maybe he didn’t play earlier to preserve an injury hardship year.

I believe Chubba has at least 2 years left with the possibility of a 3rd year for an injury hardship. I actually thought that maybe he didn’t play earlier to preserve an injury hardship year.
In that case, I’d take Chubba. 2-3 years of Chubba is better IMO than with CT as the backup. If Chubba transfers based on CT - give me Chubba.

And the answer is no.
People have short memories. Casey threw it to opposing defender 2-3 times last year - as if he didn’t see the guy. He also couldn’t run to save his life. I remember one play where the linebacker blitzed and CT went into the fetal position for a good couple of seconds before he was sacked. CT is avg (at best). I’d go more out on a limb for him if he wasn’t. And he wouldn’t have Palmer - which equated to a very good percentage of his yards - I’m thinking. (Think YOLO bombs).

Is he better than Chubba for one year? Maybe - probably. But is he better for one year than having Chubba for 3? I say no. CT isn’t that kind of Qb.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
If McCord was chased out because of Raiola's commitment, I don’t know how anyone thinks we're going to get anybody decent. Casey is about as good as we can hope for.
Happy Monkey GIF by Alejandra Baiz

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT