ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Nelson

I’m not sure if RVP played before today. He has four games on the red shirt and I’m assuming when they decide to play him, he is worked into the game plan and is practicing with the top units during the week.
RVP played a I think in the first two games. I think we have some guys banged up. Butler is playing through an injury for sure.

Bonner has a nose for the endzone

odd they haven't been able to get Lloyd the ball in space more often but plenty of season left
There were some really cool wrinkles for the offense in the first half and then once again we got extremely conservative in the second half. LOVED our jumbo short yardage sets.

The entire second half I was begging for anything misdirection. The play calling is extremely predictable when Satt goes into protection mode.
And I don’t know if he’s doing it on his own or if Rhule is telling him to do it. Schiano is a great defensive coach and no doubt he also adjusted some things at half
, At times Dylan looked pretty confused. We’re talking about a head coach who was good enough to be an NFL DC so we probably shouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: arf_man and dpnavy
B
And I don’t know if he’s doing it on his own or if Rhule is telling him to do it. Schiano is a great defensive coach and no doubt he also adjusted some things at half
, At times Dylan looked pretty confused. We’re talking about a head coach who was good enough to be an NFL DC so we probably shouldn’t be surprised.
The wind also took away a true deep ball threat. Rutgers was trying to take away the short/intermediate passing game and daring us to let deep threats develop. I think they confused Dylan a bit and he got a bit gun shy. I would have liked to see more power run game on early downs from us. We also went away from the screen game. Not sure if that was Rutgers adjusting or us just not going back to it.

B

The wind also took away a true deep ball threat. Rutgers was trying to take away the short/intermediate passing game and daring us to let deep threats develop. I think they confused Dylan a bit and he got a bit gun shy. I would have liked to see more power run game on early downs from us. We also went away from the screen game. Not sure if that was Rutgers adjusting or us just not going back to it.
I would have gone with that heavy set randomly more often then eventually snuck a TE or FB out with play action. All in all I LOVED the first half play calling. I suspect Rhule pulled back on the Reins at halftime.

Reactions: dpnavy
I would have gone with that heavy set randomly more often then eventually snuck a TE or FB out with play action. All in all I LOVED the first half play calling. I suspect Rhule pulled back on the Reins at halftime.
Didn’t help we were starting inside our own 3 the whole third quarter.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Why run the fake punt and then call the next 3 plays?

The entire second half I was begging for anything misdirection. The play calling is extremely predictable when Satt goes into protection mode.

They definitely take the "safe route" when they have a lead and don't really think an offensive team can be very successful in our defense. I guess I get it but I imagine at some point this will change. Gotta put ya boot on teams necks.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT