ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get real for a minute?

schinzpoppa1

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2006
I'm reading a lot of the notion that BYU is bringing a team to Lincoln that is superior to our own Huskers. On paper, they had a very impressive win in week 2 last year at Texas, beating the Whorns 41-7. Beyond that, NOTHING they accomplished was noteworthy.

Their most notable wins were against Texas (6-7), Houston (8-5), and a 64-0 thumping of Savannah State (0-12). Oooooo, aaaahhhh. Houston was the ONLY team that they beat last year who finished the year with a winning record. These guys are not world-beaters by any means.

BYU finished the year 8-5 and had losses to Utah State at home, UCF, Nevada, Boise St., and Memphis. Their loss to Utah State came after a bye week (and home win vs. Virginia) and was at HOME. You would think that their superior coaching staff would have had plenty of time to prepare for the Junior Aggies over the bye week.

They are dealing with multiple suspensions, injuries, and their #1 RB walked from the program. They aren't even bringing their top squad to Memorial.

Do I think they will come to Lincoln and roll over? No.
Do I think they will come in well-prepared and play a hard-fought game? Yes.

The bottom line is, we are the more talented team top to bottom. New staff and all, if we walk out and play our game, they will not be able to stop us. Their O-line is in for a long day. It's time to start imposing our will on opposing teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.