ADVERTISEMENT

Can Nice Guys Like Nebraska Coach Mike Riley Finish First? (Article from Chicago Tribune)

Yes!
Before Riley's done he's going to win the Big Ten title and he'll win a playoff game.

What a great article to send every parent of every recruit. Who wouldn't want their son to be mentored by him during their formidable years. You can't pay for that kind of publicity.

I love Riles ..he is the right guy and a very good coach

the smart money, however, is that we do not win a playoff game during his tenure - that isn't necessarily a reflection on his coaching abilities but more of an overall assessment of the our current talent level, his age (his coaching window is closing), and a recognition of a certain degree of luck that is required to get into the playoff and then win

the smart money, however, is that we do not win a playoff game during his tenure - that isn't necessarily a reflection on his coaching abilities but more of an overall assessment of the our current talent level, his age (his coaching window is closing), and a recognition of a certain degree of luck that is required to get into the playoff and then win
Agree that the smart money says it's tough to break into the top 4 in any given season with the shift of power to Alabama, Ohio State seemingly being favored to be in there every year, but I won't be surprised to see Nebraska crack in there once in the next 4-5 years.

4-0

Reactions: jlb321
"I think so, but I do think it's more difficult," said Mack Brown, who won the 2005 national championship at Texas. "Not everyone is playing by the rules, and Mike Riley will go by the letter of the law. Are some coaches running kids off (to get) spots on the roster? Mike is not going to do that. He will treat kids right."

This quote from Mack Brown says alot. I love that he's calling out the bad guys by holding up the good guy.

Reactions: kikdakan
yes ... now we only have to finish 8-1 with a BIG title for you to be correct
11-1 in the regular season is my prediction. Do I think we can beat MICHIGAN or Ohio State for the B1G title... Yes. But that would be icing on the cake. A playoff win would be a huge decoration on top. A second win...
College_Football_Playoff_National_Championship_Trophy.jpg

this would look nice on top of the cake.

11-1 in the regular season is my prediction. Do I think we can beat MICHIGAN or Ohio State for the B1G title... Yes. But that would be icing on the cake. A playoff win would be a huge decoration on top. A second win...
College_Football_Playoff_National_Championship_Trophy.jpg

this would look nice on top of the cake.

Fresno St- W
Wyoming- W
Oregon- W
Northwestern- W
Illinois- W
Indiana- W
Purdue- W
Wisconsin- W
Ohio St- L
Minnesota- W
Maryland- W
Iowa- W

(Championship Game)Ohio St- W

12-1
red rover 70,May 15, 2016

above is your prediction from May ... please try to keep your delusional predictions straight so others don't have to

you are also on record as stating we have "playoff level" talent .. while we are improved I don't think a legitimate playoff contender goes down to the wire with his years Oregon team

just my opinion .. let the season play out

Fresno St- W
Wyoming- W
Oregon- W
Northwestern- W
Illinois- W
Indiana- W
Purdue- W
Wisconsin- W
Ohio St- L
Minnesota- W
Maryland- W
Iowa- W

(Championship Game)Ohio St- W

12-1
red rover 70,May 15, 2016

above is your prediction from May ... please try to keep your delusional predictions straight so others don't have to

You can pull whatever you want outta your ass you POS. I've had enough of your act. I know what my official prediction was. How in the hell can you predict the game when you don't even know who you're going to fricken play you idiot??? With all this damn HTO talk I swear to God you act just like him. And when Archie Graham came running to your defense after one of our go rounds I was seriously think it was you. But that is neither here nor there for me... You are a certified ass!

You can pull whatever you want outta your ass you POS. I've had enough of your act. I know what my official prediction was. How in the hell can you predict the game when you don't even know who you're going to fricken play you idiot??? With all this damn HTO talk I swear to God you act just like him. And when Archie Graham came running to your defense after one of our go rounds I was seriously think it was you. But that is neither here nor there for me... You are a certified ass!

I will bump your original prediction ... don't ask me to explain your delusions

My God... I bet you are Tim under a new name. The way you had a hard-on for me for the get-go. And that first first get-go was all about you wanting to get me to make a bet and you wouldn't drop it.

Where we heard that crap before???

So how you been HTO???

My God... I bet you are Tim under a new name. The way you had a hard-on for me for the get-go. And that first first get-go was all about you wanting to get me to make a bet and you wouldn't drop it.

Where we heard that crap before???

So how you been HTO???

I am a bit fuzzy .. can you remind us all how that bet would have turned out had someone not scurried away?

And what you save every screenshot???

Where the hell have we seen that before???

Hell I just made a post about 2 weeks ago on RSS about us winning the national championship this year. Going undefeated beating Michigan in the Big Ten championship game and then winning our first playoff game and then beating Alabama. Is that my official prediction now you IDIOT???

And what you save every screenshot???

Where the hell have we seen that before???

under the thread title "Predictions for this season" .. I bumped it for you

as I said ... please try to keep track of your delusions

It all depends on his health. If he's physically and mentally all there who's to say how long he can coach, other than Coach Riley?

It all depends on his health. If he's physically and mentally all there who's to say how long he can coach, other than Coach Riley?

he seems healthy and can probably coach another 5-8 years if he wants but if you told me I had to bet 2 months salary on whether we would win a playoff game I would bet no ... again that has more to do with other factors than his coaching ability

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT