ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t Let Today’s L Be Our Best W of the Season

What today showed is that Rhule hasn’t lost the team. I fully expected a 60 point beatdown in Columbus.

I don’t care about a moral victory, but I’m glad the season isn’t lost yet. Win next week and they’ll be back on track to reach some of the season benchmarks we all expected to see in year 2 of this rebuild.

What today showed is that Rhule hasn’t lost the team. I fully expected a 60 point beatdown in Columbus.

I don’t care about a moral victory, but I’m glad the season isn’t lost yet. Win next week and they’ll be back on track to reach some of the season benchmarks we all expected to see in year 2 of this rebuild.
9-3 here we come!

I don’t see anyone celebrating this L. The offense will get better. Despite that last pick, DR didn’t get rattled after the first couple of drives. If his shoulder is healthy, we win that UCLA game and look good doing it.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I fully expected a 60 point beatdown in Columbus.
Think about how beaten down you are to expect that? I don't blame you but Ohio State isn't 95 Nebraska. Defense stepped up bc they are well coached imo. Offense still can't get 300 yards.

Reactions: Frozone
I don't see him improving as a run game coordinator.. he doesn't like to do it, and when he does, it's awkward and easy to guess. Are fans and the HC going to hold his feet to the fire every week on the run game thing? I don't see that happening either. Since his family moved out, here's hoping he's finished after the season.

I'm just here to say, I'm ok if we lose out. We just lost to OSU by 4 so that is progress enough for me.

See how stupid it sounds? Literally no one is or will be saying this.
Most fans - likely you and @Walleye79 included - said exactly this after going 3-9 in 2021

You’re right, it is very stupid

Last edited:
I can see fans pointing to this L as some undeniable proof of progress even if we lose out

Has happened before

Can’t have that happen this year
Hells no. The only thing this proves is that you are talented enough to compete with anyone. The expectation now should be 4-0 from here on out because the rest of the schedule is made up of teams not as good as this one.

I can see fans pointing to this L as some undeniable proof of progress even if we lose out

Has happened before

Can’t have that happen this year
Agree. If the team’s showing in Columbus is a springboard to some wins down the stretch, that will be fantastic. But if not, it’s not a consolation prize.

I wish I could agree but he missed 2 open WRs for TDs in the 2nd half, my fren.
Both balls left his hand before the WRs got separation. No doubt he would like those back. I'm not sure if he had pressure coming or not that made him turn loose as soon as he did.

I’m good with developing the run game. But runs on second down when we are behind schedule are NOT what we need from our idiot OC.

Bubble screens and zero routes need to be removed from his electronic playbook.
Better yet, remove the playbook from his hands and give it to someone else like Thomas. It’s obvious to everyone Sat isn’t it.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
All bets were on us losing to both Indiana and OSU and being 5-3. The fact one was close and the other was a blowout was also very likely...they were just flipped. Hopefully we can now focus on our superbowl and get that bowl.
Careful you'll be called a moral victory apologist or something.

After what I saw today, I feel like we should beat UCLA plus a split between Iowa/Wisc. If we do at least that, I feel like we are reasonably still on track. Anything better is just gravy.
I said 7-8 wins was a logical record before the season. After watching the first 7 games I lowered my expectations to 5-6. The performance today makes me feel a little better about our chances to get to 7. We should and better beat UCLA. Wisconsin and USC should be toss ups.

Reactions: HuskerAlum92
UCLA is the team we need to beat. We have them at home, and they are not a very good team. But still, you have to go out and actually beat them and not yourselves. Do that, and the bowl monkey is off the back.

Then, go get what you can in the last 3 games.

UCLA is the team we need to beat. We have them at home, and they are not a very good team. But still, you have to go out and actually beat them and not yourselves. Do that, and the bowl monkey is off the back.

Then, go get what you can in the last 3 games.
Only game we'll be favored in the rest of the way

Only game we'll be favored in the rest of the way
If they beat UCLA and secure bowl eligibility, as they are favored to do, then there’s 3 games left to play loose with house money. And none of them are juggernauts. Win any one and the season feels like progress. Maybe it does anyway if you beat UCLA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT