ADVERTISEMENT

Camping in Halsey, NE

NewRedEra

First Team All-Big Ten
May 11, 2004
Best local pub to watch Husker football game? Thedford, Dunning? Need some guidance, thanks in advance!

Best local pub to watch Husker football game? Thedford, Dunning? Need some guidance, thanks in advance!
Make the short drive to Valentine and hit The Pub at 3rd and Main. There was a bar in Halsey just south of the little motel, but I believe it has closed

Make the short drive to Valentine and hit The Pub at 3rd and Main. There was a bar in Halsey just south of the little motel, but I believe it has closed
Short drive? Isn't Valentine like an hour away from Halsey?

Well that is a short drive in western Nebraska.
Went out there once...to the sandhills, maybe 20 years ago. Literally like off the grid.

No street signs, no lights no stop signs. No nothing, just sand and grass and then a house...then not another house for like a mile. I was picking up something with a buddy at his uncles house. It was an eye opening experience for me.

• Sad
Reactions: MargotDeeper
Can't convince my crew to make the 1hr 15 minute drive, thanks for the suggestion. Hoping to find something in Halsey or Thedford. GBR!

Reactions: Zeke2005
Went out there once...to the sandhills, maybe 20 years ago. Literally like off the grid.

No street signs, no lights no stop signs. No nothing, just sand and grass and then a house...then not another house for like a mile. I was picking up something with a buddy at his uncles house. It was an eye opening experience for me.
God’s country.

Reactions: HuskerO
Mullen had a bar last time was there. Also a little cafe over by the glidden canoe rental place. Just some old dude cooking breakfast for the whole town. Guessing they would have a tv there for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT