ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Jurgens — MNF

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
Pretty cool that a kid from Pickrell, Nebraska is playing in the NFL on Monday NIght Football! Met his dad in the beer line at Memorial Staudium in Champaign vs Illinois. His dad is a mountain of a man and cool guy.

Sadly, I was glad he declared for the draft his redshirt junior year with all the Covid crap that was going down.

All you had to do was watch him play junior high basketball to wonder if he wouldn't end up in the NFL. There's a lot of big germans around here but he was always different!

Pretty cool that a kid from Pickrell, Nebraska is playing in the NFL on Monday NIght Football! Met his dad in the beer line at Memorial Staudium in Champaign vs Illinois. His dad is a mountain of a man and cool guy.

Sadly, I was glad he declared for the draft his redshirt junior year with all the Covid crap that was going down.
One of the few things Frost did right. Moving him to Center

Frost knew he we was going to be GREAT

Reactions: OO Snipes and WHCSC
Frost was right. Sucks that it cost the teams wins to develop him and when he got decent at snapping he left. Should have made him a guard.

Frost was right. Sucks that it cost the teams wins to develop him and when he got decent at snapping he left. Should have made him a guard.
Juergens was a very good center his last year here. Nobody could have predicted the snap problem. He’s the heir apparent when Kelce hangs it up. Juergens is one of the top interior linemen in the league. We need more guys with his kind of athleticism willing to build themselves in to O linemen.

His snapping definitely cost us games. I'm sure somebody could have predicted the snapping problem. I doubt he was perfect in practice and I'm sure it's extremely rare to convert a TE to center. Good for him but wasn't great for the program as a whole.

Still rocking the mullet!! GBR!!

giphy.gif

One of the few things Frost did right. Moving him to Center
I remember those years. The keyboard football experts on here thought he should be benched or cut from the team for making bad snaps.

I commented that he would be a high draft pick one day and the "group thinkers" on here were all over that. I might have been declared a communist at one point.

I remember those years. The keyboard football experts on here thought he should be benched or cut from the team for making bad snaps.

I commented that he would be a high draft pick one day and the "group thinkers" on here were all over that. I might have been declared a communist at one point.
He should have been a backup center or a guard until he could reliably snap. Great athletism and great blocking but having a center who can't reliably snap is a huge problem. And no other team would do that but NU. It didn't help NU win games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT