ADVERTISEMENT

Caffey Enters Transfer Portal

Not a great look from cook.
A bit of arrogance. Can’t stand that somebody left without his blessing. He gets the top ranked recruit every year now. This is one that he wanted that got away.

A bit of arrogance. Can’t stand that somebody left without his blessing. He gets the top ranked recruit every year now. This is one that he wanted that got away.

I'm more talking about how one minute he said they had a scholarship for her and now they didn't. NIL deals isn't a scholarship.

This is what college sports has turned into. No loyalty from the coaches, none from the players. Yes, it does go both ways. Honesty and full transparency is what's necessary in this situation and I'm not sure either player or coach provided it. Both likely looking out for their best interests. Good or bad, better get used to this because it's only going to get worse.

I’m thinking JC is trying to be sure his talented underclassmen feel they can contribute this year and not ride the bench watching someone in her 7th year take their minutes.
Good point or they could enter portal. Future in younguns. We all knew covid would cause roster issues

Cook is the man, and obviously all of his players love him. Move on. Caffey is making or breaking the team. She was a stud, no doubt, but like many programs Covid numbers become a real bitch at some point and like every year, NU Volleyball is loaded.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Cook is the man, and obviously all of his players love him. Move on. Caffey is making or breaking the team. She was a stud, no doubt, but like many programs Covid numbers become a real bitch at some point and like every year, NU Volleyball is loaded.
I agree with you that he is “the man”. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have handled this situation better than he did. He’s a great coach but he’s not perfect.

Nobody is perfect and this is a huge nothing burger. Move on.
You need to get priorities straight, the man stood on a podium and flat out lied about the situation, Everyone will move on from this , but don’t act like and say it’s nothing.!

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
I am not sure of the answer to this, but if Caffey was looking for a 7th year, did that mean that she'd already had 6 years of her education paid for on scholarship? If so, going on NIL money for one semester doesn't strike me as unreasonable. But to repeat, I'm not sure about this.

STFU. Outside of the message board, people have already moved on. Can't wait to hear you next take white knight.
Na, I have an issue with lying and you don’t, that doesn’t make me a White knight, That makes you a piece of shit!

Na, I have an issue with lying and you don’t, that doesn’t make me a White knight, That makes you a piece of shit!
kingpin-ernie-mc-kracken.gif

Look out! We got a bad ass here.

So really don’t need to feel too had for her.
That's fair. After hearing Cook's remarks it sounds like Nebraska was in a pretty impossible situation on the scholarship issue. It also probably saves her from sitting on the bench more than she would have liked this season.

kingpin-ernie-mc-kracken.gif

Look out! We got a bad ass here.
The way I see it…you are the one trying to be the bad as@ defending Coach Cook. Those that question the way it all went down and how it was communicated are simply using logical reasoning skills…rather just blind faith and devotion for the Husker coaching staff. JMO

The way I see it…you are the one trying to be the bad as@ defending Coach Cook. Those that question the way it all went down and how it was communicated are simply using logical reasoning skills…rather just blind faith and devotion for the Husker coaching staff. JMO
Like I said, who really cares? John Cook has about as long as a leash as anyone. Outside of the message board, no one is probably paying attention or if they were have moved on. This isn't a needle mover. NU Volleyball will be just fine.

Like I said, who really cares? John Cook has about as long as a leash as anyone. Outside of the message board, no one is probably paying attention or if they were have moved on. This isn't a needle mover. NU Volleyball will be just fine.
Nobody said anything about JCs job status, of course he has a long leash and rightfully so.Nebraska volleyball is great and will always be great under Cook. It however doesn’t change the fact that he outright lied about KCs scholarship situation, that is the only thing I was critical of.

I’m thinking JC is trying to be sure his talented underclassmen feel they can contribute this year and not ride the bench watching someone in her 7th year take their minutes.
That's what I'm thinking. She's a heck of a player, but she's been here long enough. We need to give minutes to those younger players with three or four years of eligibility.

Nobody said anything about JCs job status, of course he has a long leash and rightfully so.Nebraska volleyball is great and will always be great under Cook. It however doesn’t change the fact that he outright lied about KCs scholarship situation, that is the only thing I was critical of.
Get over yourself. The NCAA is so jacked up. Takes them forever to decide anything. If they ultimately decided it would cost the University two scholarship years for her to play one, the decision was easy. She needs to get on with her life. She's highly educated and marketable or she could be playing pro volleyball.

Get over yourself. The NCAA is so jacked up. Takes them forever to decide anything. If they ultimately decided it would cost the University two scholarship years for her to play one, the decision was easy. She needs to get on with her life. She's highly educated and marketable or she could be playing pro volleyball.
My post has nothing to do with the NCAA or KC,, My post is about JC saying Nebraska had a scholarship for her when in truth they didn’t.I was critical of Cook because he flat out lied , nothing more nothing less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT