ADVERTISEMENT

C.J. Smith

I probably misssed this, but when is C.J. Smith supposed to sign LOI?
From what I had heard, he is waiting until the February signing day as he's planning on taking other visits. Personally the longer he waits, I could see him at Clemson, Georgia, Bama. OSU or back at Florida

From an article a week or so ago:

DB commit C.J. Smith will sign in February for the same reason, a big ceremony that his school puts on.​

From what I had heard, he is waiting until the February signing day as he's planning on taking other visits. Personally the longer he waits, I could see him at Clemson, Georgia, Bama. OSU or back at Florida

I don’t see that happening. He’s only waiting because he’s doing it with his school and there making big ordeal about it. From what I read and seen it had nothing to do with visits, just a school deal there doing. At the moment he seems to love the Huskers and his opportunity he has here. One things for sure, he’s definitely not going back to the Gators.

Nice. I hoped his brother would come to Nebraska as a grad transfer!
You get the 4 year eligibility rule....right? He already used the red shirt, pretty sure that he is not going to transfer from the NCAA #1 O, to an unproven one. Sheesh.

All kidding aside.....

And, if he grades out, he gone.

I don't buy the school signing event. I have hosted and been to these, many times the event is ceremonial only, the paper was signed before hand earlier that day anyway. I am not saying he isn't coming but if he was 100% coming he would make it work and his high school would not care. What is the school going to say, oh CJ we would like to have you in our party but because you signed already you don't count? Not likely

Reactions: kakdawg
You get the 4 year eligibility rule....right? He already used the red shirt, pretty sure that he is not going to transfer from the NCAA #1 O, to an unproven one. Sheesh.

All kidding aside.....

And, if he grades out, he gone.
And you know how grad transfers work.... right. He is a RS Jr, if he graduates he can go wherever he wants and not sit out.

I don’t see that happening. He’s only waiting because he’s doing it with his school and there making big ordeal about it. From what I read and seen it had nothing to do with visits, just a school deal there doing. At the moment he seems to love the Huskers and his opportunity he has here. One things for sure, he’s definitely not going back to the Gators.
He's N if he qualifies. Would be a good get.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I don't buy the school signing event. I have hosted and been to these, many times the event is ceremonial only, the paper was signed before hand earlier that day anyway. I am not saying he isn't coming but if he was 100% coming he would make it work and his high school would not care. What is the school going to say, oh CJ we would like to have you in our party but because you signed already you don't count? Not likely
Wow, your post seems very pessimistic and lacks energy. Kinda "Cup have Empty".

In our community and school, it is a very big annual event. Difference in families and communities I guess.

Wow, your post seems very pessimistic and lacks energy. Kinda "Cup have Empty".

In our community and school, it is a very big annual event. Difference in families and communities I guess.

Sure its a big event and I would suggest that most are staged. The more kids you have signing the more likely it is that some already signed prior to the event that day. It may have only been early that morning but it was before the event. In a bigger school you might have both men and women signing in multiple sports, think they all sign the same day and time? Not likely. What I am saying is that if he wanted he could have signed early with Nebraska and they certainly would have still allowed him to be part of the signing party. It isn't like most of the people in the communities don';t know where the kids are going. When I was a HS principal I made a big deal out of these events got all sorts of grief because I didn't recognize everyone's achievements.

Sure its a big event and I would suggest that most are staged. The more kids you have signing the more likely it is that some already signed prior to the event that day. It may have only been early that morning but it was before the event. In a bigger school you might have both men and women signing in multiple sports, think they all sign the same day and time? Not likely. What I am saying is that if he wanted he could have signed early with Nebraska and they certainly would have still allowed him to be part of the signing party. It isn't like most of the people in the communities don';t know where the kids are going. When I was a HS principal I made a big deal out of these events got all sorts of grief because I didn't recognize everyone's achievements.
I am sure you did it up right!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT