ADVERTISEMENT

Bye week ? Best Taco Johns you been to?

No not an "Egg". Big Green Egg is the brand everyone knows but I have a Primo Oval XL ceramic kamado. Great for grilling. Here's a pic with 20 giant pieces of chicken on it.

and standard size pieces.

It sears a great steak

cooks a mean pizza

and even cooks the Thanksgiving Turkey

The difference (IMHO) is the Oval shape is a little more versatile.

Eggs are also great along with Kamado Joe's and a number of others.

I can see the advantage to that shape/style, if I knew this existed I had forgotten. Thanks for the post and info.

Reactions: DerHusker
the first one in omaha was a block away from me on 83rd and maple. they brought the whole building in on back of a semi, and just dropped it off. I watched while siting on my 5 speed bike, it was the late 70's. I been eating taco johns since. they got rid of the enchilada in the silver pan, but they still sell beefy burritos :Cool:
I always loved that concept of a small building that only offered a drive-thru. I actually think it would be great for an Asian restaurant. I would call it "Wak In Wak Out".

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I always loved that concept of a small building that only offered a drive-thru. I actually think it would be great for an Asian restaurant. I would call it "Wak In Wak Out".

gong-show-o.gif

Reactions: bigboxes
I'm sure it is and so it isn't worth remembering to me. I do eat at a Del Taco every once in a while but try to avoid if I can. There are better choices which sometimes include my own kitchen. Examples:

Stuffed Poblano Pepper

Sonoran Breakfast Enchiladas

Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Tostones

Chicken Enchiladas with Mexican street corn and Watermelon salad.

Ceviche Tostadas

I'll leave you hungry for more! :)
That all looks great...

Reactions: DerHusker
I've actually eaten there. Bars on Windows. Lol
Ha! Outstanding! I've always thought about it but I've always been on my motorcycle on the way to the rally. Not exactly a good situation in case it passes right through you. TMI I'm sure.

Aberaldos(Alvarados) super fries for the win.

Used to eat 6 pack and a pound with a buddy of mine. It was 6.99, which was the tits, but now it's like 9.99.

I've been on a chilto (chili cheese burrito) kick recently at Taco Bell. (Add fritos)

Reactions: sparky62
Aberaldos(Alvarados) super fries for the win.

Used to eat 6 pack and a pound with a buddy of mine. It was 6.99, which was the tits, but now it's like 9.99.

I've been on a chilto (chili cheese burrito) kick recently at Taco Bell. (Add fritos)
Dude honestly Alvarados drunk 2 am hard to beat. 15 bucks and sleep. Dam straight.

Reactions: Suvey101885
Made jambalaya tacos tonight. Drizzled some habañero sauce on top!

IMG_20161007_164535_zpsco3kp1y8.jpg

IMG_20161007_173153_zpspqlwtmkp.jpg

IMG_20161007_173713_zpsltltbyjq.jpg

IMG_20161007_173835_zps92yxjpao.jpg
Nice! My habanero plant grew huge this year. 6 feet tall. Well over 100 picked so far. Dried most of them because I cannot eat them that fast.

Shhh... it triggers some people. Trying to not ruffle any feathers or have differing opinions.
Dudes I could share a couple of my good Mexican food/ women stories. Not sure you wanna hear my Refried beans story if you know what I mean.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT