ADVERTISEMENT

Bull escapes from rodeo in central Oregon

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
If you haven't seen this clip, the bull was in the arena doing his normal rodeo thing. He circles a few times and then leaps over a barrier and heads into the parking lot. Some poor lady got tossed around for a bit, but remarkably recovered enough to resume normal life the next day. Nuts.

Well, the kicker is my best friend from 4th grade in Omaha was there with his family. I think they were in the parking lot when the bull narrowly missed them. In the pic below, you have Party Bus (the escaped bull), his grandson, granddaughter, son-in-law, daughter and (wearing shorts) my childhood buddy.

F0O4psO.jpg

If you haven't seen this clip, the bull was in the arena doing his normal rodeo thing. He circles a few times and then leaps over a barrier and heads into the parking lot. Some poor lady got tossed around for a bit, but remarkably recovered enough to resume normal life the next day. Nuts.

Well, the kicker is my best friend from 4th grade in Omaha was there with his family. I think they were in the parking lot when the bull narrowly missed them. In the pic below, you have Party Bus (the escaped bull), his grandson, granddaughter, son-in-law, daughter and (wearing shorts) my childhood buddy.

F0O4psO.jpg
I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often. I’ve been in a sale barn when a bull managed to get over the top rail into the stands. I had a cow one time that could clear a 6’ fence. She inspired a 2 page Baxter Black style Christmas letter. She left a trail of destruction before I finally got her in a trailer for the trip to town. Some poor sucker bought her and took her home😕

Reactions: countrybob
I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often. I’ve been in a sale barn when a bull managed to get over the top rail into the stands. I had a cow one time that could clear a 6’ fence. She inspired a 2 page Baxter Black style Christmas letter. She left a trail of destruction before I finally got her in a trailer for the trip to town. Some poor sucker bought her and took her home😕
No way!! So I'm assuming that she settled down at the sale barn? That seems to rarely happen. Poor schmuck

Reactions: dinglefritz
The guy on his horse about 100 ft behind the bull, just kinda casually jogging along and swinging his rope, made me giggle

That fence isn't really much of an obstacle for a young, athletic Brahma bull to jump. The odd thing to me is how did he get out and what the hell was their plan to get him back in? Just keep playing that loud music and hope for the best?

No way!! So I'm assuming that she settled down at the sale barn? That seems to rarely happen. Poor schmuck
I took an old Hereford cow with her and they sold them together. That black Solare bitch just calmly looked up in the stands. I’m sure she was thinking “who is next”. Should have sold to kill. I thought they would weigh her up.

Reactions: huskerfan66
You sold her knowing she was a potential danger?

I sure hope you were transparent with the “sucker”

You sold her knowing she was a potential danger?

I sure hope you were transparent with the “sucker”
There are some ranchers out west who really don't seem to mind working with more "spirited" stock. They keep bulls on hand that are wild as f....

Some of my fondest memories of my grandpa are of him giving me a board or something, telling me "stand here and don't let that cow get by" and me thinking "eff that, I'm bailing if it takes one step this way." Getting yelled at, good times. Cows be crazy.

I once got run over by a bull on my uncle’s farm near Albion when I was 12. Totally my fault. My uncle had warned me and my brothers about going into the bull enclosure but of course we ignored him! I got a big bruise on my back but was ok otherwise. We were able to climb out when my sister who was only 8 and who was standing outside the fence distracted him. She was the only one with a lick of sense!

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
I once got run over by a bull on my uncle’s farm near Albion when I was 12. Totally my fault. My uncle had warned me and my brothers about going into the bull enclosure but of course we ignored him! I got a big bruise on my back but was ok otherwise. We were able to climb out when my sister who was only 8 and who was standing outside the fence distracted him. She was the only one with a lick of sense!
What was your uncle’s name? I had family near there.

My bro says he knew Nolan Sarem. Arts son?
Wow! Yes! He is dead now though I think. Art’s farm was a real time capsule. His family had homesteaded the place in the late 1800’s. Still had remnants of the original cabin they built, water well they dug, and all kinds of antique vintage farm equipment, cars, appliances (ha, you get the picture. Farm as junkyard). My brothers and I loved that place. Welcome change of pace from my neighborhood growing up in Lincoln. And to the day he died the farmhouse itself had no electricity or running water. They used kerosene lamps, a wood stove or cooking, an outhouse, and had a hand pump for water over a sink in the kitchen. He was seriously old school!

Last edited:
Wow! Yes! He is dead now though I think. Art’s farm was a real time capsule. His family had homesteaded the place in the late 1800’s. Still had remnants of the original cabin they built, water well they dug, and all kinds of antique vintage farm equipment, cars, appliances (ha, you get the picture. Farm as junkyard). My brothers and I loved that place. Welcome change of pace from my neighborhood growing up in Lincoln. And to the day he died the farmhouse itself had no electricity or running water. They used kerosene lamps, a wood stove or cooking, an outhouse, and had a hand pump for water over a sink in the kitchen. He was seriously old school!
Interesting! When did he die?

My brother said Nolan became a Lutheran minister. That was an unusual last name and it stuck in my brain for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT