ADVERTISEMENT

Buddy Ryan Quote

HuskerMB

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
This is from 1986 but he was the best DC in pro football highlighted by the 1985 Bears."To stop a passing game you can't stop it unless you put pressure on it.Now some people are good enough to put it on with a three man rush.well we are not.In fact,I don't know if we are good enough to put t on with a four man rush.If we have to send eight we will send eight,but we are not going to let you sit back there and pick us apart all day." Still sounds relevant today.

Reactions: gotit2013
This is from 1986 but he was the best DC in pro football highlighted by the 1985 Bears."To stop a passing game you can't stop it unless you put pressure on it.Now some people are good enough to put it on with a three man rush.well we are not.In fact,I don't know if we are good enough to put t on with a four man rush.If we have to send eight we will send eight,but we are not going to let you sit back there and pick us apart all day." Still sounds relevant today.

I watched the game with 2 college assistant coaches and both said the same thing before the play. Don`t give him time to throw a Hail Mary put pressure all over him. We see how that worked.

This problem wasn't just on the Hail Mary. Our front four lacked push all game long. We need to dial up more blitz packages, but it seemed Banker wanted to force his guys to play without it.

Yeah, for all the hype about our starting defensive tackles, they really underwhelmed in this game.

I watched the game with 2 college assistant coaches and both said the same thing before the play. Don`t give him time to throw a Hail Mary put pressure all over him. We see how that worked.

3 man prevent sucks and I have never been a fan of it and I have never seen it be successful.

Reactions: baseball31ne
3 man prevent sucks and I have never been a fan of it and I have never seen it be successful.

Our DE's are tooooo heavy and tooooo slow. No change of direction in their abilities. 235-240 lbs is big enough. Can't block what you can't touch. Speed over size preferred. Has hurt this program for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT