ADVERTISEMENT

Bud

my "feed" went out at the start of the 11th...was a close fight. Thought Bud did a bit more and deserved the win, but it was his toughest fight in a long time.

Reactions: bigboxes
I actually thought the fight was in Riyadh. So, it was in Los Angeles at their soccer stadium. Why were they playing the Saudi national anthem? Is it because they're giving a buttload of money? Super weird. That and constantly calling that dude his Excellency.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I actually thought the fight was in Riyadh. So, it was in Los Angeles at their soccer stadium. Why were they playing the Saudi national anthem? Is it because they're giving a buttload of money? Super weird. That and constantly calling that dude his Excellency.
I too was confused with the "Riyadh Season" stuff. But, indeed it was LA.

Put up all the money and you can do whatever you want. Definitely feels icky every time with the Saudis.

yes, all saudi shit is weird.

and JFC, start the ****ing fight.
Yeah, it took forever to start this fight. Been a boxing fan for a long time and this was just too much. I don't need to see a mini concert on fight night. Keep these fights in Vegas.
Congrats to Crawford. Loved it. I was hoping he would have been a little more dominating but we'll take it. Would love to see you get that CA money at 168 but it will be a tough fight.

Reactions: cubsker
Yeah, it took forever to start this fight. Been a boxing fan for a long time and this was just too much. I don't need to see a mini concert on fight night. Keep these fights in Vegas.
Congrats to Crawford. Loved it. I was hoping he would have been a little more dominating but we'll take it. Would love to see you get that CA money at 168 but it will be a tough fight.

Yeah, I just think he lacks the power to bother Canelo. I would admire him trying to do it, but think 154 is going to be his limit after watching last night.

Reactions: bigboxes
What a great fight! I was worried at times that Bud wouldn't get it figured out, but he didn't disappoint.
I told my wife before the fight that the only trouble Bud might have is Madrimov’s awkward style. Seems like his full-body movement with feint after feint after feint was a good strategy for him. Had he gotten wild and lunge-prone, like his other fights, he would have been taken out, I believe.

Reactions: InMotion
I told my wife before the fight that the only trouble Bud might have is Madrimov’s awkward style. Seems like his full-body movement with feint after feint after feint was a good strategy for him. Had he gotten wild and lunge-prone, like his other fights, he would have been taken out, I believe.
Hopefully it was just a style clash or Madrimov sitting back, but it was a boring fight. Bud can chalk it up to that but can't have another fight like it if he wants a big payday.

Now the question is how serious will he be for Canelo? Does he pull a Michael Spinks and get his big payday and retire without much of a challenge or does he get the fight and go all in one last time and see if he can pull off something spectacular.

If Canelo wins his next fight, I don't see any reason for him to turn it down now. He has to be pretty confident of the size advantage he would have, and after last night I think it's more likely this fight happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT