ADVERTISEMENT

BRINGING BACK THE OPTION

Husker Dreme

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2009
Omaha, NE
Rhule has made it clear that he's planning on beefing up the linemen, running the ball first, and bringing back the FB position. We have a running QB now in Jeff Sims, and we have a stable of solid to fantastic RB's behind him.

I will not be surprised if Rhule busts out the option for 5-10-15 plays against Minnesota, especially early.

A team we're supposed to lose to - on the road - would have zero tape and preparedness for such an attack.

The OPTION would give him plenty of them...and put Minnesota's D on their heels.

It also would be good to school the team on how to run the option with backup QB's like we have who simply cannot throw. Haarburg might be stellar at it. And it would also - albeit artificially - give us more comfort with our depth at QB.

Because I don't know about the rest of you - but I'm simply afraid to have Chubba throw one more pass for NU in a critical moment in a game - ever. Same for Haarburg, although he might not suck as badly at it as Purdy has.

And let's face it: using the option would endear Rhule to older fans and send a signal to league DC's that they will have to prepare for the option or it they will pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News