ADVERTISEMENT

Brett Maher Cut……

Looks like he has the “yips”

Missed 3 yesterday? Yikes.

Dallas cut him after years of him being very accurate.

Looks like he has the “yips”

Missed 3 yesterday? Yikes.

Dallas cut him after years of him being very accurate.
Dallas moved on from Maher after his infamous game where he missed 4 extra point kicks. Yips are going to get you fast tracked out of the NFL as a kicker no matter how good you are the other 99% of the time.

• Love
Reactions: wholeo and OzzyLvr
Didn't they mention Brett, at the Northwestern Game, during the Former Huskers in the NFL segment?

i imagine kicking comes down to confidence more than anything.

in college, these dudes are more or less on an even playing field with the other guys. they're fellow students of the university, likely share classes and go to the same parties.

in the NFL, kickers don't even look like athletes by comparison. their peers are people who make 10x as much doing a much more physical job. while the same can be said in college, there's the element of NFL being more of a mercenary type position for these guys.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Imo Alex’s biggest problem was going to Philly. always herd the field is trash
You see it with a ton of kickers though. That weird kid with the glasses from Georgia was automatic. Gets to the pros and really struggles. I think he was at Indy too.
i

Last edited:
Connor Culp is first team B1G in 2020.

2020- 87% FG rate and 100% PATs.
2021- 50% FG rate and misses 4 PATs. A few were big misses.

Difference, 2020 was played in empty stadiums. 2021 was played in front of a live crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT