ADVERTISEMENT

Brahmer flipped?

Sounds like a few jilted lovers on here. I wanted and still do want the kid to got to Nebraska. I liked his ability and the way he competed on the field. Color it any way you want, this is not going well. Maybe as some expected, but admittedly not well overall.
Not going well compared to what? Rhule hasn't even been here 2 weeks.

This kid has been committed to ISU for weeks.

Sounds like a few jilted lovers on here. I wanted and still do want the kid to got to Nebraska. I liked his ability and the way he competed on the field. Color it any way you want, this is not going well. Maybe as some expected, but admittedly not well overall.
Pretty tough to get too critical on Brahmer or the other kid. We’ve had 5 losing seasons in a row and the public negativity from some people on this hire has blunted the bump we might have gotten locally. Shanle😡

Be careful what you wish for. Chubba can run an offense given the right play calling and coaching. Coachable kid who corrected of mistakes From game to game. We still need him in the QB room
Young guy who could have used a better Oline.

Pretty tough to get too critical on Brahmer or the other kid. We’ve had 5 losing seasons in a row and the public negativity from some people on this hire has blunted the bump we might have gotten locally. Shanle😡
Yes, an obscure meathead with a microphone is responsible for for the turd in the Husker punch bowl

Not the interim coach behind bars, not the opponents who made bigger PR splashes

Lol

That said who cares this kid can kick rocks isu stinks. Rhule & his AAC staff should be able to get better guys from the Philly area who either might have gone to temple or are already on the team at temple

Yes, an obscure meathead with a microphone is responsible for for the turd in the Husker punch bowl

Not the interim coach behind bars, not the opponents who made bigger PR splashes

Lol

That said who cares this kid can kick rocks isu stinks. Rhule & his AAC staff should be able to get better guys from the Philly area
I like when I see posts like "These kids, they read message boards too"

No, they don't. Maybe once they are on the team they do, just to get a good laugh, but high school kids are not wasting their time scouring message boards.

Yeah it's never good to lose a talented local kid. But if we do, Tight End is the position I'd be least concerned about losing. There are much bigger positions of need, and should be easy to find a tight end in the portal. It usually takes tight ends a few years to develop anyway, most high school tight ends have to gain a lot of size and strength to play at this level. Brahmer is probably going to need to put on a good 30-40 pounds before he's ready.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This has been in the works for awhile...very much pre-Ruhle hiring

Campbell and staff did a very good job with he and his family
Makes sense, kind of what I expected. Recruiting is about relationships and he no doubt knows the ISU staff very well by this point. He only just met Rhule and NU in general is not what it once was. Hopefully Rhule and his staff ultimately do a much better job recruiting local talent than the last few regimes, I expect to see those results showing with 2024 recruits.

Anyone else think it's strange that ISU uses the same coach for TE & RB?

Easy my super racially concerned friend. The point is that there is a 3D printer of the same tight end in college football. 3-4 deep on many a roster. We will find more of the same. The thing that sucks is that he is local.
You used the kids skin color, not me. I find it weird that people need to interject race where it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
See my other message in the thread

Also, last time Brahmer was in Lincoln was the OU game...several quiet trips to Ames
This seems to have been a long time coming. He is a big relationship kid and openly said he didn’t have a relationship with Joseph like he did with Campbell. I was hopeful Rhule could hold on to him. Maybe he’ll transfer back in a year or two if Campbell leaves🤷‍♂️

I like when I see posts like "These kids, they read message boards too"

No, they don't. Maybe once they are on the team they do, just to get a good laugh, but high school kids are not wasting their time scouring message boards.
I think you underestimate the ego of high schoolers. They or their buddies will read everything they can find.

I think you underestimate the ego of high schoolers. They or their buddies will read everything they can find.
I teach them...they don't even know what message boards are and if they do, they think they are for dorks. Hell, half the time they don't even know who is playing who or what time a big game is on.

They are not fans like we are.

Just like I never go to ratemyteacher.com and I think in all my years teaching I have twice checked ratemyschool.com

Just reading things from other sites there were a few things:
- Was very high on Frost and Beckton
- Not so high on Mickey
- Potentially wants to be more of a Flex TE/WR and not traditional TE

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You used the kids skin color, not me. I find it weird that people need to interject race where it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
White kids usually aren't known for speed I think is all he was commenting on. Of course there are exceptions every ethically genetic trait stereotypes though.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Best of luck to Brahmer, gotta do what is best for you.

Hopefully NU can start getting some quality commits and build some positive momentum to end the early signing period.

jmo his body is better suited for the big 12 than the big 10, if he comes to Nebraska he would have to add lots of weight, he’d have to wait to play at Nebraska where he’ll probably play right away at Iowa st

Reactions: BleedRed78
White kids usually aren't known for speed I think is all he was commenting on. Of course there are exceptions every ethically genetic trait stereotypes though.
Athletically gifted 6'6 22O pounds kids generally don't grow on trees regardless of skin color.

I just find it weird/cringey when people feel the need to force race into conversations.

ADVERTISEMENT