ADVERTISEMENT

Boys state hoops-Caleb and Carter

Seemed kinda lazy to me.

Kid and his two fellow Seniors scorers are exhausted. Ainsworth can't take them off the floor if they want to win in the State Tournament.

He nearly averages a Triple Double per game - Points, assists, blocks.

Now, I do think he "cherry picks" sometimes. But if I had a 40 inch vertical, I too would Cherry Pick.

Kid and his two fellow Seniors scorers are exhausted. Ainsworth can't take them off the floor if they want to win in the State Tournament.

Now, I do think he "cherry picks" sometimes. But if I had a 40 inch vertical, I too would Cherry Pick.
Welcome to small town sports. Football you have to play both ways and basketball you never get a rest.

But you get to play against guys who wouldn't even be intramural stars at Class A schools, so it balances out.

I led Millard North in scoring three years I think. Scored about 30 a game in intramurals.

Reactions: Streamer15
Welcome to small town sports. Football you have to play both ways and basketball you never get a rest.
Better than big city sports, where the eighth graders get a rude awakening as they enter their high school😅

But you get to play against guys who wouldn't even be intramural stars at Class A schools, so it balances out.

Disagree with a couple of these points:

When it comes to State Basketball, the teams with the most depth, even at the D levels usually win championships. Its really freaking hard to win a tournament with 3 games in 3 days, only playing 5 or even 6 dudes. In Ainsworth's case, they really only have 3 kids who can score. You take any of them away and that offense gets stagnant fast.

Disagree with the Intramural comment.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and 9and4

From what I can see, he is a bitch of an athlete. It seems he has decent basketball skills, but he's bigger and more athletic than anyone on the court, so he can get away with a lot of stuff. He runs the court really well, not sure how good his ballhandling is because he's so right hand dominate when he dribbles.

In the paint, he seems a little too constrained. If he bent his knees and used short, choppy steps, at this level, he'd be impossible to guard down low. Unlike most real scorers, he really doesn't "ask" for the ball with his hands, it seems his teammates just know he's the guy to get the ball to.

What little I've seen of him on defense, he stands too erect in the opposing paint, but that's not direct criticism of him, I'm sure he's playing a ton of minutes. Typically though, you'd rather have a player take a breather on the offensive end vs. the defensive end.

All in all, he's such a good athlete, IF, basketball were his chosen sport and he went to camps and got some great instruction, with his explosiveness, he could be a helluva player, not elite, but very good. The question would be if he could actually guard kids his own size with the type of quickness and ball skills the really good ones possess. He's kind of a long strider in a sport where short steps set up the explosive late moves.

I haven't seen anything but these clips provided the last couple days, don't even know if he has a left hand, or can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. Sometimes with a kid like him, you can just close out really strong and force him to go left and make him answer some questions against you. Right now he doesn't have to use ball fakes or anything. I honestly think good opposing coaches would/could take a lot of his game away.

Bottom line, I'm really glad he's gonna have a chance as a Husker. He already has a great lower body.. After 2-3 years in the program he should/could be a physical s.o.b. as a tight end that can really run and has spent a lot of time learning how to block.

Last edited:
From what I can see, he is a bitch of an athlete. It seems he has decent basketball skills, but he's bigger and more athletic than anyone on the court, so he can get away with a lot of stuff. He runs the court really well, not sure how good his ballhandling is because he's so right hand dominate when he dribbles.

In the paint, he seems a little too constrained. If he bent his knees and used short, choppy steps, at this level, he'd be impossible to guard down low. Unlike most real scorers, he really doesn't "ask" for the ball with him hands, it seems his teammates just know he's the guy to get the ball to.

What little I've seen of him on defense, he stands too erect in the opposing paint, but that's not direct criticism of him, I'm sure he's playing a ton of minutes. Typically though, you'd rather have a player take a breather on the offensive end vs. the defensive end.

All in all, he's such a good athlete, IF, basketball were his chosen sport and he went to camps and got some great instruction, with his explosiveness, he could be a helluva player, not elite, but very good. The question would be if he could actually guard kids his own size with the type of quickness and ball skills the really good ones possess. He's kind of a long strider in a sport where short steps set up the explosive late moves.

I haven't seen anything but these clips provided the last couple days, don't even know if he has a left hand, or can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. Sometimes with a kid like him, you can just close out really strong and force him to go left and make him answer some questions against you. Right now he doesn't have to use ball fakes or anything. I honestly think good opposing coaches would/could take a lot of his game away.

Bottom line, I'm really glad he's gonna have a chance as a Husker. He already has a great lower body.. After 2-3 years in the program he should/could be a physical s.o.b. as a tight end that can really run and has spent a lot of time learning how to block.

Good stuff.

Yeah as a basketball player he has some bad habits and does some things that he couldn't get away with against Millard North. But what a talent. You can see why Georgia went out of their way to recruit him when they clearly did not have to.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Freak athlete, but if he only scored 11 points against D-1 competition, basketball isn't his thing. Football on the other hand.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT