ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Lessons Learned

The majority of the early bowls were all blowouts.

Too many lopsided games where it is hard to tell exactly why or how a team won besides the fact that the other teams were not showing up and were sucking in all phases of the game.

Bowl games just don't resonate like they used to, and those who said the BCS and or playoffs would diminish them even further were right. Waaay to many games that should have been better games, weren't. It isn't just fans who don't seem that interested, it's entire teams it looks like. I ain't complaining mind you, I don't care if they want to play a hundred bowl games...it's just an observation....You can't draw to many conclusions from these games other that fan interest has never been lower.

A bowl lesson learned by Husker fans: Based on the home page of HOL, this site should be renamed UCF Online or perhaps Four and Eight Ain't Too Great.

Coaching and Defense wins, more specifically, defensive lines and coaching attention to detail. Look closely at most of the wins so far and you'll clearly see this.

Isn't this the way it is for any game? What makes bowls so much different? Please define "coaching attention to detail."

A buddy of mine said NC State looks like they will be a Top 10 team next year after their performance yesterday. I didn't watch the game and haven't followed them at all, anyone have thoughts on this projection?

Who cares about the number of bowl games? Twenty+ more football games, five straight days where you get to see at least one watchable game, and it is a nice change to watch good football teams and good football games.
Uhh, let's see - Wich St vs UConn in basketball, Dog Whisperer, Premier Soccer League, The Perfect Cup of Coffee, Copper Pans Infomercial, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Grease, One Rule to a Flat Stomach, Nanny Cam, Dr. Phil, The Curse of Oak Island, depressing news shows, or two bowl games (both tied right now). I think I will take the bowl games.

A buddy of mine said NC State looks like they will be a Top 10 team next year after their performance yesterday. I didn't watch the game and haven't followed them at all, anyone have thoughts on this projection?

I don't know anything about them really, bit looking at their depth chart, they lose a WR, RG, and TE on offense, but on defense, 9 of 11 starters were seniors!

Good luck to any team not named Bama when you lose 9 starters on defense!

Their offense is good but it will need some defensive help to carry the team to a top ten season in 2018.

Reactions: saluno22
On XM84 radio, they are trying to get the website 'Who Gives A Crap' to have a bowl.

That would be a good one for two 6-6 teams!

vn8msln.jpg

Bowl games just don't resonate like they used to, and those who said the BCS and or playoffs would diminish them even further were right. Waaay to many games that should have been better games, weren't. It isn't just fans who don't seem that interested, it's entire teams it looks like. I ain't complaining mind you, I don't care if they want to play a hundred bowl games...it's just an observation....You can't draw to many conclusions from these games other that fan interest has never been lower.

The Texas a&m wake game was one of the most brutal college games I've ever seen. They were dragging guys off the field after every play. Maybe not the first week but second week games have been very physical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT