ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Witt Jr

I want to know who broke into the Royals front office and killed all the executives and is signing that check.

• Haha
Reactions: 9and4
Two surprises.

1. The Royals offered it.
2. Witt signed it.

The Royals have taken a bit of a more aggressive posture lately. This signing along with the downtown ballpark may signal a change in style. It doesn’t hurt that the Chiefs are in lock step with the Royals when it comes to the downtown stadium.

Worth it?
It's worth it if he doesn't get hurt but who knows how that will turn out. At least he's not a pitcher. I do think the Royals needed to do something like this to try to keep a potential top five player in the league. I think he's only played two years so they could have controlled him for four more years on the cheap but to keep him around, you needed to make a big commitment. The $26 million or so they are going to pay him is cheap for a potential superstar. Plus they need to sell something to the fanbase to try to get the new stadium.

I know Bobby Witt, Sr. He was a neighbor of a buddy of mine in North Arlington back when he was pitching for the Rangers. Nice guy. Have not met his son.

100%!! Good deal for both sides. Bobby is a small town kid and guessing he likes KC for that very reason. Royals had to do it in order to get the new stadium next year. Bobby is a super star in the making if not already. And one of the most popular athletes with kids.
Small town? Colleyville is in middle of the DFW metroplex. He likes KC because they drafted him.

Reactions: TFrazier
Witt is worth it, he also has opt out yrs 7-10.
Plus that contract will be VERY trade friendly if he delivers anything near his potential. I thought it was a great deal for the Royals and now Witt is guaranteed generational wealth as his floor with the ceiling still unknown.

Best thing that's happened for a Royals fan since '15!

Reactions: king_kong_
The Royals have actually had a productive Winter. They went out and got some pitching, which they badly needed. As for Witt….he is an amazing talent. He’s going to garner that kinda money.
They gotta sell the local population on that stadium deal!

Worth it?
So far, the answer is hell yes Bobby Witt is worth it. Not only is he proving to be a dynamite player and having a great season. But these days, teams like KC have to take chances on guys. Lock them up long term. I'm so tired of seeing the Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox treat the rest of the league like their farm system.

Reactions: king_kong_
Leading the league in batting average, hell yeah he's worth it!! Also, one of the, if not the, fastest player in the game. Great fielder as well!! Carrying the Royals so far this year!! Bobby Baseball!!

Reactions: Dean Pope
The Royals front office are high-fiving each other because of the amount of money they will have saved in the long run by signing him this past offseason.

At this point in the new contract…talk about return on investment.

• Love
Reactions: mgbreis
At this moment - best baseball player on the planet. Sherman literally hit a winning lottery ticket with that extension that looks like a bargain. Essentially it's a 7 year contract, because he can opt out and I'm sure he will if he stays anywhere near this good. If KC doesn't put together a pennant quality team in that 7 years they should fire the franchise into the sun. If they make the playoffs this year they'll be dangerous.

At this moment - best baseball player on the planet. Sherman literally hit a winning lottery ticket with that extension that looks like a bargain. Essentially it's a 7 year contract, because he can opt out and I'm sure he will if he stays anywhere near this good. If KC doesn't put together a pennant quality team in that 7 years they should fire the franchise into the sun. If they make the playoffs this year they'll be dangerous.
I love Witt but he’s not better than Shohei

Probably the best non-Ohtani player on the planet, though

Reactions: mgbreis
I love Witt but he’s not better than Shohei

Probably the best non-Ohtani player on the planet, though
I know that's the easy and maybe correct take, but I'd rather have BWJ on my team. Check out the WAR rankings for this season. Aaron Judge ahead of both (gag).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT