ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Busch

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
On Early Break, Busch said he was flattered by his name being tossed around for the job. He said it would have been incredible to coach at NU again, but knew it was not going to happen. Also said he's bagged on a couple jobs and is digging the radio gig. But he indicated he will eventually get back in the game. Bill likes the hire.

On Early Break, Busch said he was flattered by his name being tossed around for the job. He said it would have been incredible to coach at NU again, but knew it was not going to happen. Also said he's bagged on a couple jobs and is digging the radio gig. But he indicated he will eventually get back in the game. Bill likes the hire.
Well now that there are no limits on the number of coaches, Busch could still come back in some capacity. I have no idea however whether he has any connection with Rhule.

Well now that there are no limits on the number of coaches, Busch could still come back in some capacity. I have no idea however whether he has any connection with Rhule.
Doesn't seem so. Busch thought the hire was a good one.

Not Busch news BUT secondary news. Sounds like Dejon Gomes would like to come to Lincoln and be on Rhule's staff in some role. Gomes has expressed interest, not yet clear if Rhule has interest in him or has some role to fill.

Not Busch news BUT secondary news. Sounds like Dejon Gomes would like to come to Lincoln and be on Rhule's staff in some role. Gomes has expressed interest, not yet clear if Rhule has interest in him or has some role to fill.
You basically have unlimited spots now with the new rule they just approved. The only limit is sill the 10 coaches recruiting on the road. .

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kearney state called him if Held has another subpar year. I know it’s not a big gig but I think he would knock out of the park there. He likes Nebraska obviously and his wife Laura has never moved out of Lincoln no matter where he has coached.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kearney state called him if Held has another subpar year. I know it’s not a big gig but I think he would knock out of the park there. He likes Nebraska obviously and his wife Laura has never moved out of Lincoln no matter where he has coached.
UNK isn’t going to fire Held after 2 seasons.

UNK is not looking to fire coaches. They are looking to not bleed money.

He goes 3-8 again they absolutely might considering he took one a National rated program.
The previous coach was a miracle worker….expecting them to push for the playoffs like he did is unrealistic. Again, they won’t be firing Held after 2 seasons that’s crazy talk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT