ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Players of the Week (2/19)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Player of the Week
1B - Jacson McGowan, Purdue (JR)

- Helped the Boilermakers to a 3-0 record to open the season, posting a trio of victories over Western Michigan
- Homered in all three games of the sweep, becoming the first Boilermaker to homer in three straight games since March 2016
- Tallied seven RBIs on seven hits and scored four runs while batting .538 on the week
- Led the Boilermakers with a 1.308 slugging percentage and a .538 on-base percentage
- Wins his first career Big Ten Player of the Week award
- Last Purdue Player of the Week: Kyle Wood (March 9, 2015)

Pitcher of the Week
P - Taylor Bloom, Maryland (SR)

- Shut down Tennessee over seven innings on Friday, tying a career-high with nine strikeouts and helping Maryland to a 4-0 victory
- Scattered six hits and outdueled Volunteer top prospect Zach Lingenfelter
- Only allowed one Vols batter to advance past second and did not allow an extra-base hit
- Records his first career Big Ten Pitcher of the Week honor
- Last Maryland Pitcher of the Week: Brian Shaffer (April 17, 2017)

Freshman of the Week
LHP - Eric Heatter, Rutgers (FR)

- Earned a win in relief in his collegiate debut by pitching four scoreless innings with eight strikeouts to lead the Scarlet Knights to a 7-5 win at No. 24 Miami (FL) on Sunday
- Struck out the side in both the seventh and eighth innings, stranding the tying runs on base to end the outing, making him the first Rutgers freshman pitcher with eight strikeouts in his collegiate debut since Bobby Brownlie in 2000
- Only allowed one walk and three singles, holding the Hurricanes to 1-for-6 with runners on base
- Wins his first Big Ten Freshman of the Week award
- Last Rutgers Freshman of the Week: Milo Freeman (March 23, 2015)

What confuses me...
is the Terps also have,
sophmore lhp Tyler Blohm
think he got 2017 B1G Freshman Pitcher/Yr?
I know, Bloom and Blohm, right? I thought is was kinda nifty we had a Klemke and a Klenke on roster at the same time. Wonder if they accused each other of misspelling their name?

BTW, I thought Bloom was drafted and gone. Got that wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT