ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten BB Tournament Canceled

I wonder if there will be any impact to eligibility with this. If you are a senior and dont get to play in your conf tournament or NCAA tourny do they let you file for a 6th year? Not the craziest idea.
I wouldn't think so, since they already played their regular season (30 games or so for most)....but I guess one never knows.

Creighton and St. John's just made it to halftime. I wonder if the Big East will now cancel their tourney. Stay tuned.

AAC tourney cancelled. Probability of NCAA tourney being played is dropping like the stock market.

Yet UNL is still open, only Big Ten school that hasn't closed.

As the spread of COVID-19 continues, the University of Nebraska–Lincoln is taking several additional steps to help protect the UNL community and our broader community:

-The University has canceled classes from March 16-20

-Beginning on March 30, 2020 (after Spring Break) classes will be taught remotely for the duration of the 2020 spring semester

-The university will remain open. Students residing on campus are encouraged to return to their permanent residence. Students who are unable to return home may remain in residence halls and access dining facilities.

For detailed information visit: https://covid19.unl.edu/

Over reaction. It’s ok to wait for a little bit but a lot of senior student athletes just had their dreams crushed. I get it for a few weeks but then reassess

People know that in a few weeks this virus is going to be worse. This is not going to be of short term duration.

Could be, but until it happens did we really need to cancel everything? Suspend it and decide as things unfold.

That would be nice, but it isn't realistic. This virus is going to be around for a while. It isn't suddenly going to disappear.

with no March madness and the closures the universities are going to be losing a crap load of money

they aren't going to be anxious to resume softball, track, baseball and other revenue sucking endeavors
it is a huge cost savings for the schools not to have these spring sports functional during this time

Yes! Nebrasketball in 14 way tie for a big 10 Championship !!!

Knew Hoiberg could get it done...just never thought he’d do it so quickly.
Explain how you figure that. I can see where you could say we're 4th since only four teams played and you give the rest forfeits. And quite frankly you could go back and say the first round games are null and void since the tournament was cancelled. But if you do that, you go back to regular season champ and standings.

I accept it's more than likely sarcasm.

Explain how you figure that. I can see where you could say we're 4th since only four teams played and you give the rest forfeits. And quite frankly you could go back and say the first round games are null and void since the tournament was cancelled. But if you do that, you go back to regular season champ and standings.

I accept it's more than likely sarcasm.

Correct, sarcasm…a joke. Thought that was obvious. Didn’t think anyone would take it seriously.
Should have known better.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT