ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 5 #6 IND 5, #2 MICH 4 (Mich eliminated, 13 innings)

Sun is gone. It was really nice for about have an hour, almost took my jacket off.

It's little things like this which earn you the big money.
Did you catch the umpire emerging from the NU dugout restroom last night during Erstad's interview between innings? I have no idea if it made TV.

B9:
F7
F7 on the warning track. Oh the disappointment in the crowd.
DIVING L4!!! Sick catch

4-4 after 9. Bonus baseball.

T10:
F7
L9
HBP on full count
Controversial 4-6 FC to end the inning. Anyone see it on TV?

4-4 mid 10

Nice play by that 2nd baseman. This game could last awhile.

Ha! Didn't see it. I like dugout interviews about as much as DE does. Wish they'd go away.
My favorite was up in Minneapolis 5 years ago when he was asked what he was using as motivation to march through the tournament. He said something to the effect of "My wife's family is having a reunion this weekend, so I'd really like to keep playing." The reporter didn't know how to respond and the interview ended.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Nice play by that 2nd baseman. This game could last awhile.
Did the ball get there before the runner and the SS on the bag? The SS seemed shocked it was called an out and was about to throw to first

B10:
K swinging
<pitching change, lefty>
F9
<pitching change, righty>
G6 on a high chopper

On to the 11th, 4-4

Too bad there isn't a travel curfew on this game, I wish they both could lose.

Let this game continue and continue, so they keep using up valuable pitching. We could end up playing one of these teams...

Reactions: saluno22
Did the ball get there before the runner and the SS on the bag? The SS seemed shocked it was called an out and was about to throw to first
No replay. Coulda been safe. Still a real nice play by that 2nd baseman.

B11:
K swinging for Dedelow (2 HR in the tourney)
G3 (sounded funky off the bat)
Single lines to LF
<pitching change, lefty>
Runner steals 2nd, catcher fell asleep trying to frame the pitch to get a strike call.
G3

4-4 after 11

T12:
Full-count walk
Single to LF. Showed bunt, pulled back and let'er rip over 3B's head.
Pitchout on a bunt attempt catches the lead runner in no-man's land, thrown out retreating to 2nd. BEAUTIFUL play.
G4, hit and run was on to prevent the DP
G6

4-4 mid 12

That was about as exciting a half inning of baseball as it can get without any scoring.

Pitching change for Michigan, righty.

We would have run out of pitchers about 3 innings ago at the rate UM is going through them.

B12:
HBP
<pitching change, lefty>
FC bunt 1-6 gets the lead runner
Runner advances on a wild pitch
G4 moves the runner to 3rd
G4

4-4 end 12

T13:
K swinging, 2-3
First-pitch double to left-center
L6 holds the runner at 2nd
K looking

4-4 mid 13

B13:
E5 errant throw on a chopper to 3rd, runner on 1st
4-pitch walk (buzzed the tower a couple times) puts runners on 1st and 2nd
K swinging
K swinging
RBI hit lined opposite field down the LF line

INDIANA WINS 5-4
Michigan is eliminated.

This is the first time in 3 seasons the "host" school won a tournament game...
2014: Nebraska lost in the title game to Indiana
2015: Minnesota didn't qualify
2016: Nebraska went 0-2

2 'n que for the country's #16 team.
Shit Chicken done! They are overrated as hell and never deserved the ranking they got in the polls period! Everytime they played a team with a pulse they got beat. Product of a weak schedule

Shit Chicken done! They are overrated as hell and never deserved the ranking they got in the polls period! Everytime they played a team with a pulse they got beat. Product of a weak schedule
That sweep of Oklahoma was all that the southern voters needed to constantly let them stay high in the polls regardless of their results the rest of the season.

Need it to get pushed out until 11:30 CST. You have connections at the stadium by now so see what you can do! :cool:
Looks like they said that the Nebraska game will go at 9am CST tomorrow regardless of what happens tonight.

Looks like they said that the Nebraska game will go at 9am CST tomorrow regardless of what happens tonight.
I figured that would be the case. Similar to the situation today where it would be too late to notify the participants of the following day's first game when they decide to postpone the last game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT