ADVERTISEMENT

Big recruiting weekend for Puffs game

If the passing game looks good against CU, and we end up on top, we're going to be getting a ton of interest from WR's.

Nebraska's day is coming when they can be picky about who gets scholarships and it will be a glorious day.
Think that will happen with NIL? The data is showing the opposite as the top players are more scattered out.

After it went public, Oklahoma HAD to work on getting him to cancel because if they made an exception for him their whole "no further visits after committing" policy becomes a joke and crumbles. But what would Oklahoma do if he visited Nebraska and then still wanted to go to Oklahoma. Do you think they'd turn him down? I doubt it. Now if he were a borderline 3-star commit, they might enforce that policy. But highly desired 4 and 5-star recruits have all the leverage.

After it went public, Oklahoma HAD to work on getting him to cancel because if they made an exception for him their whole "no further visits after committing" policy becomes a joke and crumbles. But what would Oklahoma do if he visited Nebraska and then still wanted to go to Oklahoma. Do you think they'd turn him down? I doubt it. Now if he were a borderline 3-star commit, they might enforce that policy. But highly desired 4 and 5-star recruits have all the leverage.
What is the benefit of committing early? Is it to limit teams and noise from contacting them? Seems like it never stops until they sign (still happens for portal).

What is the benefit of committing early? Is it to limit teams and noise from contacting them? Seems like it never stops until they sign (still happens for portal).
Well it depends on the recruit. If you're a good but not necessarily stellar recruit you might want to lock up your spot before it gets filled if you know that's the school you want. If you're a stellar recruit you might want to be able to do some peer recruiting or if you have the discipline it's a good reason to be able to turn off other schools from contacting or bothering you. And I think some recruits just want to have the decision out of the way before they start their final high school football seasons. So it depends but there are many potential reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT