ADVERTISEMENT

Big fan of early signing...

The only coaches that don’t like it are coaches in a transition class.

I sure love it. We did really well late, some of it due to coaches turnover. I wonder if that was luck of the draw (turnover happening in FL where the coaches have connections) or if it will be part of the plan in coming years.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/five-things-we-learned-on-early-signing-day
1. Fisher was the staff’s 'superstar' for 2020
Of the 21 new scholarship players Nebraska officially added on Wednesday, seven came from the state of Florida. That was after not signing a single player from the Sunshine State in 2019.

A major reason for that success in Florida was due to the work of defensive backs coach Travis Fisher, who was the lead recruiter for six of the seven signees from the state.

Fisher’s impact was so big that one recruit, cornerback

Jaiden Francois
, was rumored to have been fed some bad information regarding Fisher’s future in Lincoln, which caused an hour and a half delay of his signing before that story was debunked.

Frost declined to directly address that rumor, but he did make it a point to give Fisher all the credit in the world for helping to make NU’s 2020 class as successful as it was.

“I have to tell you, every year, there’s a superstar on our staff in recruiting,” Frost said. “This year, he’s one of the top guys. He has a lot of relationships down in Florida from his time there, both in North Florida, where he grew up and down south where he’s recruited for a long time.

“He knocked it out of the park this year, and that’s really valuable for our football team to have a coach that can go out of state like that and bring in the type of talent that he brought in.”

As for the rumors of the rumor regarding Fisher, Frost put that to bed fairly clearly.

“I don’t want to say too much about details, but this process is tough on a lot of recruits,” Frost said. “It’s tough on 18-year-olds. I think sometimes they have to sort out rumors and truths and falsehoods, and in some situations that can go right up to signing day when they put their name on the paper.

“That’s just kind of how recruiting goes. I’m just glad Coach Fisher’s going to be with us for a long time.”

3. Huskers have reshaped their receiving corps
Between the four new additions added on Wednesday and bringing in Jaimie Nance and Demariyon Houston, Nebraska’s wide receiver room is going to look vastly different when the team returns this spring and fall.

By landing signings from

Marcus Fleming

nnd.png

byd7iconkmbx1hizvuzm

RANK
-
NATIONAL
STATE
0">48
POSITION
Marcus
Fleming

RANK
5'11" | 165 lbs | WR
Northwestern
Miami, FL
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/18/2019
Nebraska ,
Omar Manning

nnd.png

lshp6opvxsrcz0q820dc

RANK
NATIONAL
-
STATE
-
POSITION
Omar
Manning

RANK
6'3" | 215 lbs | WR
Kilgore J.C.
Kilgore, TX
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/13/2019
Nebraska ,
Will Nixon

nnd.png

punqilwvfpbkq8aurcik

RANK
-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
Will
Nixon

RANK
5'11" | 185 lbs | WR
Midway
Waco, TX
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
7/8/2019
Nebraska , and
Alante Brown

nnd.png

ydmvob83jo3efvhpeg84

RANK
-
NATIONAL
-
STATE
-
POSITION
Alante
Brown

RANK
5'10" | 180 lbs | WR
St. Thomas More
Oakdale, CT
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/18/2019
Nebraska , the Huskers significantly upgraded their firepower at a position that was clearly lacking depth the past few seasons.

“That’s one position where we need to improve,” Frost said. “Obviously, we have a couple of good pieces. JD (Spielman) has been a phenomenal player around here for a long time. We’re lucky to have him back another season… Obviously Wan ’Dale (Robinson), everyone saw what he could do this year… I think we’ve got a lot of young receivers in the program that we’re excited to work with in the spring.

“When you look at that position, just being honest, when we came in as a coaching staff, we only had four receivers on scholarship. We usually carry 10 or 11. That was a position just by numbers that we had to rebuild.

“We feel good about this class and where it’s going to take us… I think we did a lot to upgrade that position.”

3. Huskers have reshaped their receiving corps
Between the four new additions added on Wednesday and bringing in Jaimie Nance and Demariyon Houston, Nebraska’s wide receiver room is going to look vastly different when the team returns this spring and fall.

By landing signings from

Marcus Fleming

nnd.png

byd7iconkmbx1hizvuzm

RANK
-
NATIONAL
STATE
0">48
POSITION
Marcus
Fleming

RANK
5'11" | 165 lbs | WR
Northwestern
Miami, FL
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/18/2019
Nebraska ,
Omar Manning

nnd.png

lshp6opvxsrcz0q820dc

RANK
NATIONAL
-
STATE
-
POSITION
Omar
Manning

RANK
6'3" | 215 lbs | WR
Kilgore J.C.
Kilgore, TX
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/13/2019
Nebraska ,
Will Nixon

nnd.png

punqilwvfpbkq8aurcik

RANK
-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
Will
Nixon

RANK
5'11" | 185 lbs | WR
Midway
Waco, TX
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
7/8/2019
Nebraska , and
Alante Brown

nnd.png

ydmvob83jo3efvhpeg84

RANK
-
NATIONAL
-
STATE
-
POSITION
Alante
Brown

RANK
5'10" | 180 lbs | WR
St. Thomas More
Oakdale, CT
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
12/18/2019
Nebraska , the Huskers significantly upgraded their firepower at a position that was clearly lacking depth the past few seasons.

“That’s one position where we need to improve,” Frost said. “Obviously, we have a couple of good pieces. JD (Spielman) has been a phenomenal player around here for a long time. We’re lucky to have him back another season… Obviously Wan ’Dale (Robinson), everyone saw what he could do this year… I think we’ve got a lot of young receivers in the program that we’re excited to work with in the spring.

“When you look at that position, just being honest, when we came in as a coaching staff, we only had four receivers on scholarship. We usually carry 10 or 11. That was a position just by numbers that we had to rebuild.

“We feel good about this class and where it’s going to take us… I think we did a lot to upgrade that position.”

bro you forgot 4 star Darien Chase. And I’m guessing you left Zavier Betts (our star WR that’s as dam near a 5 star) off because he hasn’t signed yet?

Huge for programs like Nebraska. Also a complete killer to teams making coaching changes.
Year Zero is real. Programs and ADs need to treat new hires accordingly, given this new reality.

Seems Moos gets it better than most.

Reactions: headcard
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/five-things-we-learned-on-early-signing-day
1. Fisher was the staff’s 'superstar' for 2020
Of the 21 new scholarship players Nebraska officially added on Wednesday, seven came from the state of Florida. That was after not signing a single player from the Sunshine State in 2019.

A major reason for that success in Florida was due to the work of defensive backs coach Travis Fisher, who was the lead recruiter for six of the seven signees from the state.

Fisher’s impact was so big that one recruit, cornerback

Jaiden Francois
, was rumored to have been fed some bad information regarding Fisher’s future in Lincoln, which caused an hour and a half delay of his signing before that story was debunked.

Frost declined to directly address that rumor, but he did make it a point to give Fisher all the credit in the world for helping to make NU’s 2020 class as successful as it was.

“I have to tell you, every year, there’s a superstar on our staff in recruiting,” Frost said. “This year, he’s one of the top guys. He has a lot of relationships down in Florida from his time there, both in North Florida, where he grew up and down south where he’s recruited for a long time.

“He knocked it out of the park this year, and that’s really valuable for our football team to have a coach that can go out of state like that and bring in the type of talent that he brought in.”

As for the rumors of the rumor regarding Fisher, Frost put that to bed fairly clearly.

“I don’t want to say too much about details, but this process is tough on a lot of recruits,” Frost said. “It’s tough on 18-year-olds. I think sometimes they have to sort out rumors and truths and falsehoods, and in some situations that can go right up to signing day when they put their name on the paper.

“That’s just kind of how recruiting goes. I’m just glad Coach Fisher’s going to be with us for a long time.”

Both he and Held need big raises. IMO, Fisher's room showed the most growth this season, and he recruits like the devil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT