ADVERTISEMENT

Big Boy Football

Yeah, we got a ways to go . Fat Boy continues his dominance against us . Not surprised. Get up ,dust off, and get back to work.
Bielema definitely owns Nebraska in the Big Ten, but he is one hell of a coach. It’s disappointing that with the resources of Illinois, he can still own Nebraska, but then I have to remind myself that Nebraska has been a non-consideration in college football for many years and we’re just gonna need a little more time.

This is a 7-5 win team at best. Have to deal with it. At least I can stop hearing about how we are going to be in the playoff.
lol, playoffs. Per the local beat writer. There’s 15 SR. And a bunch of 3* right behind. 6 to 8 wins is the norm and it ain’t changing. And that’s with the transfers. Think what we’d be without.

Reactions: cornwoman
Bielema definitely owns Nebraska in the Big Ten, but he is one hell of a coach. It’s disappointing that with the resources of Illinois, he can still own Nebraska, but then I have to remind myself that Nebraska has been a non-consideration in college football for many years and we’re just gonna need a little more time.
Yup. I'm not surprised or really upset.

This is a 7-5 win team at best. Have to deal with it. At least I can stop hearing about how we are going to be in the playoff.
I feel you. I was catching flack the other day for warning some monkeys so I stopped and didn't answer back because, I know what I know. I can't understand why it's so hard for people to shut up and wait till you see proof.

Last edited:
lol, playoffs. Per the local beat writer. There’s 15 SR. And a bunch of 3* right behind. 6 to 8 wins is the norm and it ain’t changing. And that’s with the transfers. Think what we’d be without.
Anybody that listens to any of that shit is a moron. We have sucked forever and we shouldn't be given any credit. We have to prove it .

Lol, we have sucked for a long time, but we have plenty of resources. Massive and well-off alumni base, great facilities, great recruiting footprint … past failures doesn’t speak to a lack of potential.

Good game.

Lol, we have sucked for a long time, but we have plenty of resources. Massive and well-off alumni base, great facilities, great recruiting footprint … past failures doesn’t speak to a lack of potential.

Good game.
Sigh, and yet we lose to a team like Illinois that doesn’t have much support, not great facilities, no history…..none of that stuff makes a difference on the field.

Reactions: Crisker
When will have another Doctor on our sidelines?

TBH. .. I absolutely knew we had too much confidence going into this game.

We NEED smart, intelligent people running this program. ... I'll say it again, and listen to me coaching staff.. You got embarrassed at home by Illinois.

Defense couldn’t stop a nose bleed. Again the inability to not get off the field on third and long makes me want jump off a bridge. It’s so painful

Reactions: cornwoman
Defense couldn’t stop a nose bleed. Again the inability to not get off the field on third and long makes me want jump off a bridge. It’s so painful
Was in the crowd. It was deflating. I gave up being loud after about the 50th 3rd down conversion. I only got so much in me. So frustrating to lose because of a gd missed field goal. Again.

We NEED smart, intelligent people running this program. ... I'll say it again, and listen to me coaching staff.. You got embarrassed at home by Illinois.
Illinois is a good team. Where are the weaknesses? Solid throughout. Not Ohio St good, but really an improvement from where they were.
The bottom line is NU is better than it has been in years and can still finish with a pretty good record. Coming into the year I think we assumed the defense and running game would be our strengths, but both look like they are not quite as good as we wanted.

Was in the crowd. It was deflating. I gave up being loud after about the 50th 3rd down conversion. I only got so much in me. So frustrating to lose because of a gd missed field goal. Again.
The defense needs to clean it up. Quit committing stupid penalties and focus on all four downs. Missed tackles galore. Speed is also a legit issue.

Reactions: scarletred
We "have to deal with it". That is exactly right. I would rather have this be a feel good season with improving young players and how about this- a bowl win and another top 20 recruiting class. That's progress to me. Or of course, we can go back to the old habits negativity and toxic environment- fire the coaches, etc.-- and see where that gets us cause I'm sure toxic negativity will spur these kids onto better performances.

Shouldn't have to be worry about TW being poached this year. His defense just shit the bed on Nation television and that side of the ball was undisciplined all night.

Shouldn't have to be worry about TW being poached this year. His defense just shit the bed on Nation television and that side of the ball was undisciplined all night.
I really hope Rhule spends A LOT of time studying his coaches insufficiencies. They’re trying to make the players better, but they also better be pointing the thumb.

Reactions: Dylman
O-line and kickers would cost us games.
Critical 39 yarder missed. Then, a False start and 3 sacks in overtime. Same ol shit.

Another embarrassing outing. Expect more of that to come.

I'm so disappointed. Back to watching the games by myself in silence.

O-line and kickers would cost us games.
Critical 39 yarder missed. Then, a False start and 3 sacks in overtime. Same ol shit.

Another embarrassing outing. Expect more of that to come.

I'm so disappointed. Back to watching the games by myself in silence.
Head back to the herky board enjoy your team..

You don't get embarrassed when you go to OT against an undefeated team.
With less than three minutes to go they failed to execute two very makeable plays (pass to the TE and the field goal attempt), either of which would have won the game. Both plays were blown by two true freshmen.
It is what it is. Learn from this and win one in the future you're supposed to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT