ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 12 votes not to expand

Unanimously. They like the 10 they've got. (Wink Wink)

ZYyHUlH.gif

Well of course they voted 10-0 against. They need to give Texas time to try to get Tom Herman away from Houston, then need Houston to go down a bit in the pecking order of teams they'd choose from. Expanding now, Houston is a logical choice for one of the teams. But that threatens UT and OU's place as the big dogs. So we'll delay this choice until after UT tries to get Herman away from Houston, then they'll miraculously change their tune in about a year. JMHO.

It's kind of funny -- both Texas and OU want out of the conference, yet neither one wants to be the one to pull the pin on it politically. So there they sit. Waiting.

It's kind of funny -- both Texas and OU want out of the conference, yet neither one wants to be the one to pull the pin on it politically. So there they sit. Waiting.

And the 8 Bevo's Bitches just play along and ask how to vote I'm sure.

Reactions: HBK4life
ZYyHUlH.gif

Well of course they voted 10-0 against. They need to give Texas time to try to get Tom Herman away from Houston, then need Houston to go down a bit in the pecking order of teams they'd choose from. Expanding now, Houston is a logical choice for one of the teams. But that threatens UT and OU's place as the big dogs. So we'll delay this choice until after UT tries to get Herman away from Houston, then they'll miraculously change their tune in about a year. JMHO.
I really like your evaluation. And yes, thats how they think and act

Whats really sick; is they got to sneak OU in the playoffs last year ( to get whipped on ) ; without a conference championship - total disrespect to OSU who dominated the playoffs the year before.
IF THE people manipulating things want to keep it at a four team playoff; the so called 12, should be shut out imo.

Wait - how is Nebraska going to get back in if they are not expanding? ;)

What we know about the Big 12 mess is bad enough. Imagine what we don't know. Things were so bad that three original members of the Big 8 cut decades-old ties to get out. A 4th (A&M) severed similar ties with Texas to jump to the SEC.

On the surface it's bad. Underneath has got to be much worse.

i miss some aspects, but most of it is just a distant memory...

i'd rather have more to show for in our current arrangement, but for the most part like the surroundings.

I would guess at the next go round of the 'grant of rights', that there'll be a few if our old foes out in the cold.

Finances...stability...etc. all make sense for Nebraska being in the B1G. But playing games against the majority of B1G teams is a totally snoozer for me. With the exception of Ohio State and Michigan, I couldn't give a rip about the teams we're playing.

Good. I love watching the best team in that conference get left out because they chose to not have a conference championship game. Hilarious that they still cling to it for the simple fact they would feel they made a bad decision if they change it now. Stupid, Stubborn, Mess. :)
SUCK IT !!!!!!!! X X

Someone get that radio host from Salt Lake City on the phone. We need the inside scoop on this development.

Reactions: nwualum
One of my best friends lives in KC but has season tickets so comes up for every game. Every year he brings Bob, a friend who is a K-State fan. This year I asked Bob about the Big XII. I said who do you want to join? He said Nebraska. I said we weren't coming back. He said the rumor was down there that we wanted back. I told him that was BS and started by people desperate to get us back, but it was never going to happen. He still thinks it might. I told him there was less than a zero percent chance but he is holding out hope. That's how out of it they are. They know they are screwed. It's like they see the iceberg but someone else (Texas) is steering the Titanic. And it's going to hit it and K-State is going to sink. And I truly don't care.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Makes me wonder if the B1G offered OU and KU tonight if they'd jump ship before the offer was completely out of Delany's mouth.

Someone get that radio host from Salt Lake City on the phone. We need the inside scoop on this development.
Don't feed his ego. He's an unemployed former talk radio jock who is trying to pay his bills selling real estate in Scottsdale. Spreading bogus rumors on social media seems to be his plan to get another talk radio job.

Reactions: GBRhuskers
I just heard that notre dame's grant of rights is pledged to the acc if they elect to join a conf...I still don't know if 4 major conferences want 16 teams, though.

OU not fit academically for the Big 10. Texas may go Big 10 with KU.
OU and NU are both tied with a ranking of 111 in the latest US News and World Report College Rankings while KU comes in tied at 118. That aside, I still think the Sooners ultimately go to SEC which is a better geographic and cultural fit.

Unanimously. They like the 10 they've got. (Wink Wink)
I know that's what they said publicly, but something tells me it was probably more like Texas(or Texas & Oklahoma) voted not to expand. That way, they can make a quick exit when a more attractive offer comes their way.

Oklahoma is a big enough national brand that I think the B1G should take them if they want in.

I know that's what they said publicly, but something tells me it was probably more like Texas(or Texas & Oklahoma) voted not to expand. That way, they can make a quick exit when a more attractive offer comes their way.
That would be my take as well.

Agreed. If they leave, the conference collapses and the TV networks will immediately void those contracts. Other schools end up scrambling to find another conference and there are no penalties to pay to a conference that doesn't exist. Smart move for OU and Texas.

OU and NU are both tied with a ranking of 111 in the latest US News and World Report College Rankings while KU comes in tied at 118. That aside, I still think the Sooners ultimately go to SEC which is a better geographic and cultural fit.

Don't think rankings are that important. Big 10 is more than an athletic partnership existing only to shake down the networks for TV money. Federal research dollars at stake and you have to add something along those lines.

http://www.aau.edu/about/default.aspx?id=16710

Agree with you on OU going to the SEC.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT