ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 appears to be the worst Power 5 conference

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
Texas Tech lost to Wyoming, Baylor lost to Texas State, Iowa State lost to Ohio, K-State lost to Missouri, and Oklahoma State got blasted by South Alabama. The Big 12 looks bad aside from Texas and Oklahoma. Kansas beat Illinois, perhaps Kansas might be better than we think.

IMHO the Big12 is better than the record indicates...

That said, if Okie State implodes and Gundy is gone (rumors are flying as you can imagine) does Zane Flores come home?

How wild would it be to have 2 Nebraska Born/Raised QB's that are Elite 11 finalists and oh yeah... what if Rezac would join them... crazy to think

Other than Texas, Oklahoma, and possibly Kansas, the Big 12 looks really weak.
Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

IMHO the Big12 is better than the record indicates...

That said, if Okie State implodes and Gundy is gone (rumors are flying as you can imagine) does Zane Flores come home?

How wild would it be to have 2 Nebraska Born/Raised QB's that are Elite 11 finalists and oh yeah... what if Rezac would join them... crazy to think
Okie State seem to be stuck. They sort of hate Gundy but they also don't seem to think they can do better without him.

Reactions: Laner2
Texas has a bigger win then any big 10 team this far. BIG looks just as week. What is the BIG best ooc win?
It’s ridiculous that Michigan isn’t in this conversation with yet another awful OOC schedule.

I will rebuttal your question with asking what’s the Big 10’s worst loss? Probably Purdue losing to Fresno State? Fresno State just blanked ASU 29-0.

It’s hard to tell how bad the Big 10 is based on that. OSU beating ND could set the tone for the rest of the season.

It’s ridiculous that Michigan isn’t in this conversation with yet another awful OOC schedule.

I will rebuttal your question with asking what’s the Big 10’s worst loss? Probably Purdue losing to Fresno State? Fresno State just blanked ASU 29-0.

It’s hard to tell how bad the Big 10 is based on that. OSU beating ND could set the tone for the rest of the season.
You might as well replace Ioway with Michigan in your first paragraph.
And that’s fact..

Fresno State is likely one of the best G5 teams. They have two dominant victories over power 5 opponents.

Maryland over Virginia, Penn State over West Virginia, Iowa over Iowa State.
Look I hate Texas. I asked what is BiG best win ooc. None of these even compare. Not even close to Texas over Bama. And the Big is very comparable to the Big 12. We will see what Ohio State does against Notre Dame. But Ohio State doesn't not look that good so far.

Reactions: scarletred
How about the BIG 10?

The west is ridiculously mediocre. The east we shall see. Not all that impressed yet with any team.

Long way to go but this year looks as wide open as ever. Just how it should be.

Reactions: Danimal4NU
How about the BIG 10?

The west is ridiculously mediocre. The east we shall see. Not all that impressed yet with any team.

Long way to go but this year looks as wide open as ever. Just how it should be.
Which makes it all the more sad that Nebraska can never seem to win it, despite the fact that it's universally regarded as the worst division in the P5.

And then NU immediately started the 2023 campaign with a loss to a B1G West team.

Unless Rhule turns things around here, I honestly do think that from strictly a football standpoint, NU would be better off back in the Big 12. They might actually compete there and win more games.

I know I've been one of the ones talking about the benefits of B1G cash and how it can be used for NIL, exposure to big media markets to attract better recruits and coaches (Rhule has said he picked Nebraska because he wanted to be in the Big Ten), in addition to NU's brand and legacy, but the truth is, the Big Ten has been absolutely brutal to Nebraska on the field since 2011. NU was and still is in many ways, a Big 12 team. And it shows.

So again, unless Rhule gets things back on track, I think this conference only gets worse for NU.

Which makes it all the more sad that Nebraska can never seem to win it, despite the fact that it's universally regarded as the worst division in the P5.

And then NU immediately started the 2023 campaign with a loss to a B1G West team.

Unless Rhule turns things around here, I honestly do think that from strictly a football standpoint, NU would be better off back in the Big 12. They might actually compete there and win more games.

I know I've been one of the ones talking about the benefits of B1G cash and how it can be used for NIL, exposure to big media markets to attract better recruits and coaches (Rhule has said he picked Nebraska because he wanted to be in the Big Ten), in addition to NU's brand and legacy, but the truth is, the Big Ten has been absolutely brutal to Nebraska on the field since 2011. NU was and still is in many ways, a Big 12 team. And it shows.

So again, unless Rhule gets things back on track, I think this conference only gets worse for NU.
Why would Nebraska be more competitive in the Big 12? Might it have something to do with the fact that Texas and Oklahoma won't be there? Might it have something to do with the fact we wouldn't have to face teams like Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Washington, or UCLA?

My Gophers don't have any truoble in the Bowl games...we've won 6 straight.

The B1G West is 6-3 in Bowls over the last 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Take out Alabama & Georgia, and the SEC has absolutely stunk in the Bowl games the last 2 years. While the Big Ten has a winning record.

Yeah, you can kinda say that about every conference. Take out __________ and __________ and maybe __________ and the rest of the __________ conference is really weak. That was kinda my point.

Why would Nebraska be more competitive in the Big 12? Might it have something to do with the fact that Texas and Oklahoma won't be there? Might it have something to do with the fact we wouldn't have to face teams like Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Washington, or UCLA?

Um, yeah...

Meaning GIF

Take out Alabama & Georgia, and the SEC has absolutely stunk in the Bowl games the last 2 years. While the Big Ten has a winning record.
Awesome Big wins bowls that don't matter. Sec wins championships. Got it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT