ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 in final four

I totally disagree … I think both teams proved themselves worthy of being there… obs did not win… but certainly equal of the other two…. Everyone has flaws …..
12 team playoff will be great!
The 12 teamer is going to be a blast. I don't know how they will set it up for viewing yet...3 games day 1, 3 games day 2? Then a week off?

But that first weekend of first round games will be awesome.

Top Gun is off his rocker saying that Ohio St and Michigan didn’t deserve being in the playoffs…

He is right about Michigan playing a easy schedule and only had one difficult game that was close in the 4thQ.. TCU had to at times come back from being behind and handled the pressure of a tight game..

Alabama didn’t deserve being in the playoffs losing games against Tennessee and LSU and almost lost to texass..

When the final polls come out it will be interesting seeing where Michigan, Ohio St, Alabama and Tennessee end up in the ratings but the SEC will have three teams rated around the top 5..

Top Gun is off his rocker saying that Ohio St and Michigan didn’t deserve being in the playoffs…

He is right about Michigan playing a easy schedule and only had one difficult game that was close in the 4thQ.. TCU had to at times come back from being behind and handled the pressure of a tight game..

Alabama didn’t deserve being in the playoffs losing games against Tennessee and LSU and almost lost to texass..

When the final polls come out it will be interesting seeing where Michigan, Ohio St, Alabama and Tennessee end up in the ratings but the SEC will have three teams rated around the top 5..
All four were good teams. Win some, you lose some. Hope Georgia crushes those pipsqueaks from the big12.

The 12 teamer is going to be a blast. I don't know how they will set it up for viewing yet...3 games day 1, 3 games day 2? Then a week off?

But that first weekend of first round games will be awesome.
The first games are scheduled for the week ending Dec. 21, 2024:
  • No. 12 at No. 5
  • No. 11 at No. 6
  • No. 10 at No. 7
  • No. 9 at No. 8
My guess is that one game would be played on Friday night, Dec. 20, then three games on Dec. 21: one game will be played at noon ET, one game at 4 p.m. ET and the final one at 8 p.m. ET.

The second round is set for Jan. 1, 2025 at four bowl sites, the Fiesta, Peach, Rose and Sugar:
  • No. 12/5 vs. No. 4
  • No. 11/6 vs. No. 3
  • No. 10/7 vs. No. 2
  • No. 8/9 vs. No. 1
The semifinals are in the Cotton and Orange Bowls, on Saturday, Jan. 11.

The title game is set for Monday night Jan. 20, 2025 in Atlanta.

I thought the committee got the selections right, and the games yesterday did nothing to prove otherwise. Ohio State totally backed in, but the same would have been true for any other #4 the committee picked.

And the Buckeyes would have won, if Ryan Day hadn't gone completely brain-dead on each of the last two possessions.

All four were good teams. Win some, you lose some. Hope Georgia crushes those pipsqueaks from the big12.
Thing is, the B1G don’t win some

It’s all lose all the time

Bama would beat this Michigan team by 100. We were robbed yet again of the best 4 teams because of the media’s absurd B1G bias.

Sad

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

Bama would beat this Michigan team by 100. We were robbed yet again of the best 4 teams because of the media’s absurd B1G bias.

Sad
Alabama had two losses. Michigan went undefeated and Ohio State only had one loss. Perhaps Alabama should have either beaten Tennessee or LSU and they would have punched their ticket into the playoffs.

Nice to see playoff games where all four teams had few opt outs. ;)

Sad
Why then didn’t Bama beat the whorns by 100? They were lucky to get out of Austin a live..

Say you didn’t watch the game without saying you didn’t watch the game.
Watched every second

Scalped Georgia +190 to win prior to their game winning drive

There was never a doubt in my mind the big ten would go 0-2 last night

Said as much on this very site on Oct 29, never wavered

How’s that for conviction

Watched every second

Scalped Georgia +190 to win prior to their game winning drive

There was never a doubt in my mind the big ten would go 0-2 last night

Said as much on this very site on Oct 29, never wavered

How’s that for conviction
Congratulations. You win.

Reactions: king_kong_
12 team playoff is gonna be awesome. Should rename it the SEC invitational because they will comprise a minimum of 25% of the teams in the 12 and at least 2 out of the final 4 every year. Everyone in the BIG, outside of OSU, will struggle mightily in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. UGA, Bama and LSU should already book rooms for next year. Maybe Tennessee. It’s exhausting but real.

King Kong moments after the B1G lost their second playoff game of the night.

966f656017570f3794da82aef8becdb3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT