ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 cancelled season based on faulty data

Unfortunately you have to be very suspicious of all these medical reports these days. Many of them contradict each other which is quite a surprise to me that I learned by paying close attention to this pandemic.

As probably the most widely reported situation I still have no idea whether that hydroxy treatment for Covid-19 is good, bad or just meaningless. There are reports and reputable experts on both sides of the equation. It's very confusing to the general public.

Can hope they reconsider but probably won't. Watching the ACC closely. I saw a quote from the other day they remain flexible and just because they intend to play Aug 12 doesn't mean they will intend to on Sept 12.

Can hope they reconsider but probably won't. Watching the ACC closely. I saw a quote from the other day they remain flexible and just because they intend to play Aug 12 doesn't mean they will intend to on Sept 12.
How very reasonable of them.

Reactions: jflores
Unfortunately you have to be very suspicious of all these medical reports these days. Many of them contradict each other which is quite a surprise to me that I learned by paying close attention to this pandemic.

As probably the most widely reported situation I still have no idea whether that hydroxy treatment for Covid-19 is good, bad or just meaningless. There are reports and reputable experts on both sides of the equation. It's very confusing to the general public.

Quite honestly IDK either. Evidence seems to support it. Been in use for 50+ years. Trump advocates for it and everyone says it's bad.

HCQ has a risk profile lower than aspirin, so there's no reason that it shouldn't be easily available. The politicization of it's use can be traced back to when the mean orange guy in the White House stated it had promise.

I knew the second Trump started tweeting #LetUsPlay, the chances of the B1G playing this fall fell by about 50%.

It takes time for good medical research to occur and we are asking these guys to shoot from the hip. A study like this would usually could take years in the normal world to publish. I’m fine with physicians releasing their theories and hypothesis on Covid but the must make it clear that it has yet to be proven fact. First time in many generations that physicians are the celebrity and I think some are trying to conclude on their findings way to early because of it and some are also putting in their “two cents” when they haven’t done the work to really back their opinion

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
HCQ has a risk profile lower than aspirin, so there's no reason that it shouldn't be easily available. The politicization of it's use can be traced back to when the mean orange guy in the White House stated it had promise.

I knew the second Trump started tweeting #LetUsPlay, the chances of the B1G playing this fall fell by about 50%.

Covid is bringing the nation together. At least we all agree he's orange now right? :)

Reactions: Antwill
Anyone know if anyone or all of the teams are still practicing with Helmets and shorts?

Or have they packed it all in..

The standards and ethics of medicine and science has gone the way of journalism: out the window.

Truth in your field no longer matters, if it doesn’t support the agenda of getting rid of the bad orange man.

Why are there so many ridiculous stories of false positives, positives for people that don’t even test, and “COVID” deaths that have nothing to do with it? There is no logical explanation for it other than fraud to support politics.

FFS.

See, for those pf you wanting to force everyone to shut down their economies and lives for this, stuff like the above is why the rest of us say things like hoax, fake, plandemic, etc.
It isnt because we dont think covid itself is fake, its real, and it can certainly make people critically ill.

But everything surrounding we’re using to shut things down is fake, irrational fear.

I guess its time to move the goal posts yet AGAIN.

FFS.

See, for those pf you wanting to force everyone to shut down their economies and lives for this, stuff like the above is why the rest of us say things like hoax, fake, plandemic, etc.
It isnt because we dont think covid itself is fake, its real, and it can certainly make people critically ill.

But everything surrounding we’re using to shut things down is fake, irrational fear.

I guess its time to move the goal posts yet AGAIN.

At every turn we've been told that "there's so much we just don't know" and this is an "extremely contagious virus" that "kills so many" and if you "go to a pool party you'll all die" and in just "2 more weeks" we'll get it under control.

And in every instance they've been wrong.

Here we are 6 months in and allegedly 5 million have tested positive - just 1.5% of the population. Luckily we've closed down bars and football games and turned people into mask nazis.

Quite honestly IDK either. Evidence seems to support it. Been in use for 50+ years. Trump advocates for it and everyone says it's bad.

What has been terribly misleading is reports of Hydroxy being a super dangerous pill, and a heart-attack-waiting-to-happen. From what I have heard from people interviewed, who take it for other reasons, a baseline EKG isn't even required to begin taking it. It has been around for 50-60 years. A known quantity. Sounds like it is effective for some, for sure, in certain stages of the illness. The Trump endorsement is the only explanation for the crazy, apocalyptic coverage of the stuff, IMO.

What has been terribly misleading is reports of Hydroxy being a super dangerous pill, and a heart-attack-waiting-to-happen. From what I have heard from people interviewed, who take it for other reasons, a baseline EKG isn't even required to begin taking it. It has been around for 50-60 years. A known quantity. Sounds like it is effective for some, for sure, in certain stages of the illness. The Trump endorsement is the only explanation for the crazy, apocalyptic coverage of the stuff, IMO.

The only other thing I can see, based on the evidence provided, is that it is very cheap. The financial shenanigans this virus has, maybe not exposed, but brought to the forefront is maddening.

Hospitals prescribing more expensive medication, keeping more patients longer to get more money, filling up their hospital and refusing to transfer patients when other hospitals are nearly empty... perhaps is not legal, definitely not ethical.

The whole "we're in this together" is total bullsh!t.

Doctors and nurses directly in the field using it say it works. The only people saying it doesn't are politicians and "researchers"
I shared the other day how one of our local hospitals has gone away from hcq and zpak in favor of levaquin. That may sound like they are saying it doesn't work but its actually an endorsement of the treatment. Using it is just to politically charged.

The only other thing I can see, based on the evidence provided, is that it is very cheap. The financial shenanigans this virus has, maybe not exposed, but brought to the forefront is maddening.

Hospitals prescribing more expensive medication, keeping more patients longer to get more money, filling up their hospital and refusing to transfer patients when other hospitals are nearly empty... perhaps is not legal, definitely not ethical.

The whole "we're in this together" is total bullsh!t.
Yup. Follow the money. Hydroxy = cheap. Still shaking my head over the local guy who was categorized a Covid death... and wasn't even tested for it, at any time. Money talks, and many times, it doesn't tell the truth.

Yup. Follow the money. Hydroxy = cheap. Still shaking my head over the local guy who was categorized a Covid death... and wasn't even tested for it, at any time. Money talks, and many times, it doesn't tell the truth.

People point to Germany and ask why their numbers are so much better than ours. Well, look at what level of involvement in Healthcare their government is allowed to have, specifically at the constitution they wrote after a bad dude used it to kill a bunch of people.

This professor and cardiologist absolutely shreds that paper.

In this thread he gives a full explanation.

The hosts on some afternoon ESPN national shows now today were questioning why the B1G and PAC12 pulled the plug so quickly without even trying to play. This is going to bite the B1G HARD in the ass. The worm is turning the other direction from some national personalities. Of course the token black former athlete on the show chimed in "but what IF somebody dies. They'll have blood on their hands".

The hosts on some afternoon ESPN national shows now today were questioning why the B1G and PAC12 pulled the plug so quickly without even trying to play. This is going to bite the B1G HARD in the ass. The worm is turning the other direction from some national personalities. Of course the token black former athlete on the show chimed in "but what IF somebody dies. They'll have blood on their hands".

omg I HATE that “if only one life”- meanwhile those same people have no issue with other issues (trying not to be political here) that purposefully inflict suffering and bloodshed

This makes more sense. Nebraska, Iowa, osu, Michigan, and penn st all have made statements of some kind saying they wanted to play. Wonder who the 6th one would be.

We know Northwestern and Illinois for sure and possibly Rutgers and Maryland voted against..

I’d say Purdue...

Reactions: GBRforLife1
This makes more sense. Nebraska, Iowa, osu, Michigan, and penn st all have made statements of some kind saying they wanted to play. Wonder who the 6th one would be.
I believe it was Neb, Iowa, Ohio St, Purdue, Indiana and Penn St. Meatchicken was a yes from Harbaugh only.

The standards and ethics of medicine and science has gone the way of journalism: out the window.

Truth in your field no longer matters, if it doesn’t support the agenda of getting rid of the bad orange man.

Why are there so many ridiculous stories of false positives, positives for people that don’t even test, and “COVID” deaths that have nothing to do with it? There is no logical explanation for it other than fraud to support politics.
I thought the mere mention of politics was banned from this board. Yeah OK. If you use the word logical, you’ve given away your political bend. Just like using this little qualifier before everything you say or do suggests the opposite bend.

..,,,First and foremost we need to be safe and smart when it comes to (insert activity here). It is not worth putting our children at risk just to (insert activity here)......wash, rinse, repeat. Stupid, vacuous, cliche, hollow GROUP THINK. There’s nothing remotely smart about it. What do you say on this board? Clown world? It’s Bizarro world!

I mean, doesn’t it seem that less and less individuals critically think about the world around them and a growing number are sheep waiting to be told what they think, completely ruled by their emotions. #losingfaith.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I thought the mere mention of politics was banned from this board. Yeah OK. If you use the word logical, you’ve given away your political bend. Just like using this little qualifier before everything you say or do suggests the opposite bend.

..,,,First and foremost we need to be safe and smart when it comes to (insert activity here). It is not worth putting our children at risk just to (insert activity here)......wash, rinse, repeat. Stupid, vacuous, cliche, hollow GROUP THINK. There’s nothing remotely smart about it. What do you say on this board? Clown world? It’s Bizarro world!

I mean, doesn’t it seem that less and less individuals critically think about the world around them and a growing number are sheep waiting to be told what they think, completely ruled by their emotions. #losingfaith.

Maybe. I don't know how you don't talk about politics when that is what is ruining our football season, the basis of this board.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT