ADVERTISEMENT

Bevo Not Allowed on KU Field

I can’t believe we did, like allowing Ralphie or sooner schooner f that

Texas is coming to Ann Arbor in 24 I hope they bring Bevo.

Its tradition and spectacle guys c'mon.

Go Blue!

If it’s the first and only time having him on your field, then I get the spectacle. Different deal when you play them every year in conference.

Reactions: saluno22
I don't think I would mention anything relating to a bell tower and gun when discussing Texas. Just poor form.

However...BBQing Bevo jokes are encouraged.

The first Husker game I attended was against Baylor in the late '70s. Baylor brought their bear to the game. It was a warm day, and I remember thinking about how hot it would be wearing a bear-skin coat.

So my question is if Bevo hurt someone at an opposing teams stadium who is liable Texas or the university that it happens at or both?

So my question is if Bevo hurt someone at an opposing teams stadium who is liable Texas or the university that it happens at or both?
I think that's the core of the issue. If I'm a lawyer for the University I'm certainly telling them not to have an animal that weighs damn near a ton and has horns down on the field among hundreds of people.

Reactions: saluno22
I agree it’s better to leave Bevo home. But at the very least, he needs handlers who aren’t brain-dead enough to try to cozy him up with a dog. No matter their age or how tranquil a bovine might seem, nothing gets them exorcised quicker than a dog they are not familiar with.

Last edited:
For those who have worked with livestock, if Bevo wanted that dog, he'd have taken him last night. No way someone is going to hold back the dude if he's on a kill mission. Nice win by Horns. Not good playing Tom Herman when he's the dog.

Reactions: schuele
In our 1999 Big Ten conference Championship game in San Antonio, Bevo dropped a big load in our end zone which we were close in scoring position. His handlers used a scoop shovel to clean most of it up. But still there was residual stuff leftover. Why aren't they using soap and water on the carpet like most people do when their dog does likewise?

At very least they need to drug that big slab of leather to the point where he wouldn't want to stand even if he were on a conveyor belt to a slaughter house.

That is OK too because in the end its a cow...and I don't have to clean it up.

Go Blue!

Whatever you do don't call Bevo a "cow" within earshot of any Texas fan.

They'll stop singing "I've been working on the railroad" long enough to put down their Shiner, yell something unintelligible that starts with "y'all", and kick you square in the nuts.

Just a friendly warning.

Reactions: huskerfan66
That's what I'm saying...they need to drug him into oblivion, so he doesn't pull what he did yesterday.
Tranquilizers are notoriously unreliable in cattle and bison. They're a 1500+ pound animal with a couple of skinny college kids hanging on to a rope. What could possible go wrong? Some day somebody will get killed by a rampaging critter. It's just plain stupid to have a Longhorn or a Bison in a space with a bunch of people around them who nothing about their behavior.

Whatever you do don't call Bevo a "cow" within earshot of any Texas fan.

They'll stop singing "I've been working on the railroad" long enough to put down their Shiner, yell something unintelligible that starts with "y'all", and kick you square in the nuts.

Just a friendly warning.
So made me laugh!

It's just plain stupid to have a Longhorn or a Bison in a space with a bunch of people around them who nothing about their behavior.
And then they threw a dog into the mix. Cattle get used to a familiar farm dog, and they know it's not a predator. But strange dogs and cattle are not a good combination. Doesn't matter if the dog is fat and easy-going like Uga - it's a just a really stupid move to put them together.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT